Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Just posting to say hello.
We haven't actually bought a motorhome yet but are going to start looking this weekend.
Last year we were given a 2 berth tourer but because we only have a fiesta it was on a seasonal pitch for the summer!
So our big decision was either to buy a new car, big enough for towing, or trade our caravan in for a motorhome. Because I work shifts and we don't get many weekends off together we have decided a motorhome is the way to go as they're apparently easier to set up (I hope).
So here I am looking through the forum trying to find out as much as possible before we take a giant leap!
Any advice would be very welcome.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Take a trip down South and come and see us next weekend, lots to see and do on our Open Weekend. (25th and 26th Feb)

Plenty of free and impartial advice from us all day with test drives if you wish so you can find out what it is to drive a van instead of tugging.

£1000 of Fiamma to be won and some great deals to be had on new and pre-owned vans:thumb:

Peter

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Hi welcome, once you choose the right one for you you will love it but please look around before jumping in.

Scale it down to one or two then go back several times to see which one you think will suit you best.

We have wasted silly money in the past by jumping in because we likes a van and not realising where the problems would be with it for us.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Go for it !!

Take a trip down South and come and see us next weekend, lots to see and do on our Open Weekend. (25th and 26th Feb)

Plenty of free and impartial advice from us all day with test drives if you wish so you can find out what it is to drive a van instead of tugging.

£1000 of Fiamma to be won and some great deals to be had on new and pre-owned vans:thumb:

Peter

I know it's a long way but you would be well advised to make a weekend of it ! There are so many posts on this forum re. bad after sales service !!!! You won't get that with Peters set up ! Stephen.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A different view from one above. I would suggest if you're down that way, look in at Brownhills on the A1 near Newark. They have enormous stocks so it is a good place to look at lots of different ones. You don't have to buy from them of course, though in spite of some dire warnings from some on this site, we bought from them and were quite satisfied. Also go to some of the shows if you can, MHFun are at most of them.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome to Fun, do you want your van for quick weekends away, where you want to go walking etc, and not spend a lot of time in the van, then a smaller van based one may suit your needs.

Or do you want to relax chill and unwind then I would go for something more comfortable. There are some really nice 10 year old vans and older around that are sound and comfortable.

Make sure you have room to carry a barbie and chairs and table if you want to and a bike rack on the back is always useful.

If you could the open week end at John Cross motor's would be good, Peter has a good name in the business. pm him if you are going I am sure he would look out for you.

What ever you choose take your time don't buy on impulse it can be expensive.

You are right you pull up leveling block if needed, cooker on with a tin of chilli, bottle of red wine, your sorted while the caravan would still be being set up. Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back