Free Member
Mar 10, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm New to it.
Hi everyone, great site. My wife and I have just purchased a PEUGEOT Boxer Compass Avantgarde 180 and we are complete newbies. After getting it home to Glasgow from Manchester yesterday and really getting to play about with it I have a quick question? How do you get power to the sockets, I have read the hand book, switched every switch I can find and still no power. Can some one please help a newbie out, it is fitted with a leisure battery.

Thanks and a BIG hello.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Welcome, :thumb:

Have you checked all the switches are in the correct position, are you plugged into mains hook up or not?

Are you referring to 12V sockets or 240V mains sockets.

I think on the Elddis / Compass range there is a master" switch normally by the steps at the hab door entrance.

Have you checked the fuses and breakers as well?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Your leisure battery will not give you power in the sockets.

It will work internal lights and a TV if its on a 12 volt socket.

You need to be connected to mains electric to make your sockets work.

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
sockets 240 Volt ?

Hi I'm assuming you are talking about the 240 Volt sockets, I would suggest if you have connected the mains lead into your MH, that you look for a small fuse box (just like in you're house) and check they are all up (on).
Hope this Helps.

OP
OP
J

jpm

Free Member
Mar 10, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm New to it.
Sockets

Many thanks I did not realise you could not use the sockets off battery:Blush:. As I said we are newbies. If you have any tips or tricks for us all help is appreciated. We are planning our first overnight in the next few weeks, somewhere not too far away from home. Hopefully expert campers will take pity and show us the ropes.:Smile:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Dont worry i was there not so long ago,once you know your way around the van it will all become a second nature and it doesnt take long.Ditinguishing what operates on 12v and 230v comes very quick .I found that it seemed there was so much to take in at 1st when really theres very little.All the best with your 1st trip ,i know you will enjoy as did we.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I notice in your profile you have put A class
<-----------
I think what you have is a Coach Built

And good luck with your first time out :thumb:

Duane

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Many thanks I did not realise you could not use the sockets off battery:Blush:. As I said we are newbies. If you have any tips or tricks for us all help is appreciated. We are planning our first overnight in the next few weeks, somewhere not too far away from home. Hopefully expert campers will take pity and show us the ropes.:Smile:
We're heading to Mortonhall on the 22nd. If we see you I'll pass on any tips I have. Remember to get a watering can. Enjoy.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back