Hello and Satelitte dish woes (1 Viewer)

Roamin1329

Free Member
Oct 2, 2012
Currently Guardamar Spain
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T line 700
Exp
Pretty much full time now, currently down in Spain for the winter. France beckons for summer 2013
Hi Folks,

I am a complete newbie to motorhomes and all things related, but my wife and i have decided to take the plunge this year; and what a plunge we have taken.
Disheartened with life in general in good old blighty, ( weather, work, economy etc) we have sold our main home and kept a small flat as our English base, brought our first motorhome and Europe beckons for some winter sun and fun. Although, some work on the route would be good also, as I am a all round builder / carpenter and we are both semi - pro musicians. All ready have one contact in the south of France who is interested in me helping him to refurb a large house that he has purchased down there, so that could be good.
Meanwhile, I have spent this morning attempting to get some satellite channels tuned to our Avtex TV which has a decoder built in. I have a manual stand alone maxview dish with sat finder and compass etc. However, everytime that I get the set to search it comes up with no channels found. Upon speaking to Maxview they have suggested that I tune the TV to an already established dish as the problem is that my set has no channels logged???
Any thoughts or help would be good.
Best regards

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to Fun, enjoy your new way of life lots of fun and adventures ahead of you I am sure. Check out Camping Cheque and ASCI cards for when you are traveling abroad out of season, and don't forget your book of French Aires.

Sorry I can't help with the Tech. problem but I am sure some one will be along who can.

Ask any questions you need, thats what the site is all about.:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi and welcome to the forum Roamin' ,

What model Avtex is it ?

I suspect it will be either a L185 DRS or W164 DRS as they are the only ones with a sat system built in

As standard they are set up for either intelsat or ( I think ) eutelsat..

You will have to read the destructions to suss out how to set up the unit to one of the Sky sats ( or maybe hotbird..if you like iffy stuff !! (

You may find this page of help:
Link Removed

Brian, as a sat finder was mentioned there must be a sat connection so as to get the 14 or so volts into the LNB ( and of course the sat finder )

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Make sure you dish is level - slightly angled to one side will make a difference when trying to find channels.

It is very precise, so takes some twiddling - don't forget to keep turning down the sat finder, and repositioning until it squeals again and so on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back