Feb 17, 2011
chester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi,
After many years of package holidays, camping, static caravan and towing a caravan we decided to buy a motor home. Ive taken flexible retirement so some of my pension went on a 2001 Auto Trail Scout, although haven't yet picked it up ,hoping to do so over the weekend.

I've 3 items on my wish list,
high level reversing camera, vehicle security and possible a solar panel, if anyone has any thoughts on the any of my wish list or know anywhere I can get them fitted local to chester it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Chrisgd

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi & Welcome to MHF, happy travelling in your new M/H. We love ours and try to spend every other weekend away. Sorry cant help you with you wish list but someone will be along that can.

Dale & Family

OP
OP
Chrisgd

Chrisgd

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
chester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi & Welcome to MHF, happy travelling in your new M/H. We love ours and try to spend every other weekend away. Sorry cant help you with you wish list but someone will be along that can.

Dale & Family

Thanks for the welcome
Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome: Chrisgd

Not exactly local to Chester but Dave Newell Telford is not too far away. See advert at top of MHFun homepage for details.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hello

hi there chris and a very warm welcome to MHF:welcome:ENJOY:thumb:Regards brian jo and josh

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
And :welcome: from me too :Smile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Welcome to the asylum, Chris.

Quick comments

Reversing camera - good idea, extra tip, make sure you clean the lens frequently and gently.

Security. Certainly, but think first before adding the necessary kit. The main tool is between your ears - things like locking up all doors, opening the windows only 2 inches to strangers - see an earlier thread, and so on.

Solar Panel. Certainly not yet. They are expensive, and until you find out what you need and where you need it, a simple mains hook up will do.

Hope this helps

Tony

OP
OP
Chrisgd

Chrisgd

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
chester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
Exp
i'm a newbie
hi and welcome to the fun
reversing camera :-
Link Removed
Solar panel also to be found on Ebay

Thanks for the link, just need to decide if I should have a dash mounted moitor or oe that clips to the rear view mirror!

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Mine's mounted in the middle of the dash, so I diivde my time between rh mirror, forward, screen and mirror.It's easy when you're used to it, and obviously most is looking ahead - it all depends where you are at the time.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Fun. For security information you should Download the Motorhome Security Handbook, its free to Funsters for the next few days, download it today Link Removed. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back