RobandDawn

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
Irchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
We are Dawn and Rob, well the caravan sold and due to some disabilities and not being quite ready to give up comfortable camping a motorhome was the next choice, many many hours of research and looking at some dealers with a decent display of used MotorHomes we were convinced a rear U shaped lounge would suit us perfectly.

So what did we buy ? A Auto Trail Mohican! MMMMnnnn more clueless blithering idiots you thinks.
well we had looked at one and thought nice size and build quality,good looks and a fine balance of space and luxury. just never going to be in our budget.

So one came up close to home in our budget, messages were exchanged and we went to view it, ticked all the boxes, few minor things to fix but nothing serious (please Lord I've been a good boy this year) and we got round to the price, whats your bottom price I asked pretending to be Arthur Daley and Alan Sugar rolled into one.

Left hand was in the pocket fingers crossed, and I was hoping for small but enticing reduction of his asking price, now this doesn't happen ever to Myself and the present Mrs Fraser but low and behold he came down two bags of sand!

Right hand shot out and the deal was shook on.

Now on the way home with an adoring Mrs Fraser gazing and marvelling at her dearly beloved's top notch negotiating skills the inevitable Paranoia soon set in, "what if we have bought a dud"? The light of my life said. Well darling we are two thousand under budget I countered with. Honestly though although she looks and sounds sound say the breaks need doing I'd rather have them done by my oil stained boiler suit chap than anyone else's.

So plans afoot, we can get the garage back when all off the caravan gear has found a new home in Polly and put the little trailer back in the garage as well and start thinking about our first trip away, only problem is the thought of being more than six feet away from the wood burner in this current chilly patch isn't that appealing.

If anyone can advise on where to get spare parts for Polly like window catches all advice greatly received.

Best wishes

Rob & Dawn

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome . Congratulations on getting your MH Polly .i hope you will have many enjoyable trips in her.
You will find lots of help ,advise and banter on here.
Hopefully someone will help with the window catches . @Minxy Girl is the girl to find you some bargains!!:WelcomeFlag:w2f

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello and welcome ... you will find lots of help on here. :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign:to the forum. It would be best perhaps to state the registration year of your van for specific items you need as the bits and pieces, both large and small can vary greatly from model to model.
Norman.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hello!
Nothing much wrong with an Autotrail.
When I bought my first motorhome ages ago, the dealer pointed out that Motorhomes are built down to weight, so that some components are more fragile than domestic fittings and one can expect a little ongoing maintenance. No doubt this will also include changes of curtains, bedding, carpets and many other thing as you personalise your new home.
Have fun, enjoy new challenges and if you can, try and join us in the odd rally when you can meet lots of similar minded people and learn first hand tips that could fill pages on this forum.

OP
OP
RobandDawn

RobandDawn

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
Irchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
Thank you all so much, in response to Tucano's excellent advice, its a Year 2000 Two Birth Mohican on a V plate.
Thanks.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For parts for your MH you could try O'learys as they buy up 'new' old stock from dealers, manufacturers etc and as they aren't that far from where Autotrail is there is a high likelihood they'll have what you want, but their website only shows a fraction of what they actually have. If you want to post some photos/details of what you need I'll try to help.

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
For parts for your MH you could try O'learys as they buy up 'new' old stock from dealers, manufacturers etc and as they aren't that far from where Autotrail is there is a high likelihood they'll have what you want, but their website only shows a fraction of what they actually have. If you want to post some photos/details of what you need I'll try to help.

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/
Thanks for replying ! I knew you would have the info!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :welco:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome..
That year build on an Autotrail will be better than the new ones. !!
Once the weather has improved give all the seals a check over and re-done if needed and will be a great van.
tip... Rubber seal around the gas fire flue often perish, cheap on ebay and easy DIY to fit, worth checking.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Welcome, from another O'learys fan we are also just down the road from them.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and :welcomesign:so glad you got a good deal,that will pay for some of the essentials,or wine :wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back