Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Paisley
Funster No
MH
99 LWB Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm new to this game and have just bought myself a 99 sprinter that I plan to live in for a while. I got the van fairly cheap and needless to say it needs a whole lot of TlC. She drives well and seems to be a good base but is tired and tatty. The guy I bought it from said he didn't know much about how it all worked before doing a runner . I should have known better really and if I wasn't desperate I would have been more cautious but anyway I think I can make it work Im just not sure where to start so any advice would be great. it has a numax xv31mf battery which is showing black for charging necessary but as the van was delivered 170 miles to me I thought it should have charged from the drive ? It seems to power a few lights but none of the sockets or water pump seem to work, as far as I can tell all the main power switches are on? Although I may be missing something. Also the two skylights don't open as they have been sealed shut and Scotland's only sunny day yesterday highlighted the need for those to open. These are just two of a few things that need sorting so no doubt I will be seeking your advice for some time to come. Thank you lovely people

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and welcome :) There has been a few van conversions on the site sure you'll find them to be useful, just do a search in the top right hand box ;)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Chris and welcome to the madhouse :welc:
I think a lot of the decisions you are going to have to make is dependant on the funds available.
Regarding the roof vents, if they have been sealed shut I would suspect there has been a leak issue as nobody would do that unless there was. I would remove them altogether and see if there is any structure damage before cleaning/repairing or preferably replacing.
Battery may be a bit more complicated depending on your knowledge. Mine is not great in this field but you need to test voltage whilst stationary, then with the engine running to see if it is receiving a charge.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Chris81

Chris81

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Paisley
Funster No
MH
99 LWB Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys and Baycot that's appreciated I will be getting the spanners out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, once the vans all sorted you'll not have far to go for some beautiful places.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and a warm welcome to the house of Funsters :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun