Nov 4, 2013
SW UK
Funster No
MH
T5 VW Van conversion
Exp
new
Greetings from deepest, darkest Exeter!

My wife and I own a T5 camper van - our first! We've had it about 18 months and during that time I've ripped out the nasty tacky interior, rewired the electrics both 240 mains and the 12v DC systems, replace the furniture and installed a rock-and-roll style bed. The van came with an elevating roof - which hasn't been without its problems either, but on the whole we're almost ready to tour again this year after on & off work times during the winter! In fact the only job left for me to do is knock up some curtains on the trusty sewing machine - there again I might just leave that one to my wife to handle :)

We're both disabled, which, apart from needing an automatic vehicle doesn't really impede our use of the van - except I wish we had side steps (more on this in another post/forum). Literally yesterday, a friend of ours who is a gas heating engineer came over and finished installing the cylinder locker and associated pipework - what a Star! I'd tried, but pipe bending is a bit of an art form all on its own and I probably would've ended up wasting rather a lot before I got it right! As it is, I now have about 9m of 8mm copper pipe spare, which I think will make a very nice 2 meter band radio antenna!

When not out camping with my wife, I tend to use the bus as a mobile radio base station with the local amateur radio club. My wife enjoys painting as a hobby and I'm a big fan of Amateur Radio so while she's sitting in the sun doing her thing, I'm in the shade doing mine........

We're planing our first trip of the year, which will be in the next couple of weeks hopefully, so if you see a light blue VW T5 with a rather large vertical fishing road clamped to the outside, please stop and say hello :)

Best regards to all. 73's Lin & Sally.

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
hello lilbluebus.........T5 campervan hmmmm nice any pictures sounds wonderful...................happy camping.........

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
image.jpg

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and welcome from :france:sounds like you have been busy,
enjoy your trip,you deserve it.