Hello all you very clever people! (1 Viewer)

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Hiya all, what a fab site, so good in fact that I've just parted with £10 and that is something for an Aberdonian :ROFLMAO:

After much consideration my dearest husband and I have decided that a Mh would be fab,( we've hired two) so we're just starting out looking. A couple of questions to start you off;

We're looking at a used entry level MH e.g Elddis autoquest. My husband thinks that a 2006 model is 'too old' but I think that if it's got a low mileage and has been looked after it should be ok. Now, there is no need for you to be worrying about getting caught in the middle of a domestic because we don't know where you live ::bigsmile:
So, ques 1 is 2006 too old? Should we save for a bit longer for a newer model? (please say no)

We live in the West of Scotland, looking at autotrader the best deals seem to be in the south of Englandshire.
ques2- is there a company that will inspect it for us so we'll not have to travel hundreds of miles to find out that it is a bucket?

ques 2b- Why are there so many names? e.g autoquest, sunseeker blah blah, blah. and so many numbers 145, 150?
It's really hard to find the layout that you want unless you know all the names and numbers?

hmmm that's more than a couple of questions already:Eeek:
Cheers
Dawn

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Climbing down a ladder at night after a few sherberts never appealed to me, so it was always a fixed bed. .

Its even worse if you catch your underpants on the ladder as you go down with the resulting wedgie::bigsmile:

Happens to me all the time:Doh:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The discussion on the pros and cons of end dinette has been enjoyable ::bigsmile:
But nobody has answered my inspection question:Eeek:
I'll remind you since it's now 3 pages away...

Was wondering if there is a company that will inspect a vehicle for us if it's too far for us to go ourselves?

Oh and I'll slip in another while I'm here! Is there a 'good'
time to buy?

cheers
Dawn

Yes there are-all depends on where the van is :winky:We have a couple of funster/mobile caravan,mechanics NOW is always good but the bargains will disappear when we get more sun :Smile:NOV DEC JAN FEB nothing much moves so best time to buy :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
As you can see there is no perfect van, it's a matter of choice, nothing can replace sitting in a van and as children would say playing house, people may think you are nuts but who cares.

Any dealer worth his salt in my opinion will leave you alone till you are ready we have found this, if they don't are they trying to hide something, if they try to rush us we will leave and not return.

I always think you will know the van you are looking for, it will talk to you. Have always used this method, and have yet to regret any purchase, needs may change later, but that's another story.

Wish you luck in your search

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back