hello all. I have just bought my 1st motorhome.It is a 1994 T1400 renault traffic eclipse 2.5.L dies (1 Viewer)

harvey layton

Free Member
May 1, 2017
kidderminster
Funster No
MH
renault eldiss eclipse c
Exp
beginer
Is it possible to install power steering and if so what is the costs roughly please.

Regards Harvey in Kidderminster.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. (Sedgley)

We had our Transit based motorhome fitted by Dave Newell at Telford (not too far from Kiddie). I seem to recall it was much less than expected (under £400)

http://davenewell.co.uk/

Whilst there you could be going round Blists Hill or some of the other Telford attractions while the work is being done.

I notice you have not subscribed to this forum yet but if you do (well worth £15) Dave will give funster discount.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. (Sedgley)

We had our Transit based motorhome fitted by Dave Newell at Telford (not too far from Kiddie). I seem to recall it was much less than expected (under £400)

http://davenewell.co.uk/

Whilst there you could be going round Blists Hill or some of the other Telford attractions while the work is being done.

I notice you have not subscribed to this forum yet but if you do (well worth £15) Dave will give funster discount.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

I think you are a tad confused, the OP asked about power steering as a retrofit, what I fitted for you would be cruise control which is totally different. I do not retrofit power steering to any vehicles.

D.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
only way your going to do that is finding another van with power steering and robbing the parts finding the same van will be hard enough finding one with power steering that still works would be amazing luck

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I used to have a minibus based on a Trafic T1400 ( 1992) it had no power steering either, but even with a full load it was quite easy to manoeuvre. Is power steering something you really want or just something you fancy?
Oh, and welcome to the Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I think you are a tad confused, the OP asked about power steering as a retrofit, what I fitted for you would be cruise control which is totally different. I do not retrofit power steering to any vehicles.

D.
Oh damn! You are quite right. I totally misread that. Apologies for my misleading response. :blusher:

Wyn

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Part Finder might be your friend..
You really need to find a van in a scrap yard that can be robbed of all the parts..and there are quite a few bits and bobs associated with power steering..
Once you have the ram, pump etc, get the whole lot refurbished and only then fitted
I think a realistic figure might be a couple of grand to be honest

I would drop a line to Rick at Easysteer.. Knows his stuff and will be able to better advise :)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Welcome to the FUN

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Part Finder might be your friend..
You really need to find a van in a scrap yard that can be robbed of all the parts..and there are quite a few bits and bobs associated with power steering..
Once you have the ram, pump etc, get the whole lot refurbished and only then fitted
I think a realistic figure might be a couple of grand to be honest

I would drop a line to Rick at Easysteer.. Knows his stuff and will be able to better advise :)
The link I posted and the other on given both work by fitting a corsa electric power assist in the column so the rack is not changed sounds a much better bet to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back