Free Member
Jul 10, 2011
Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
About to Purchase!
Exp
Hi,
I'm new to the world of motorhomes and have been looking at all types over the last week or so. Not really sure which way to go - van conversion or coachbuilt? We've been looking at Autocruise 'Jazz' in the van type and Excel 590 EK in the couchbuilts. Either way it need 2 berths and 6 meters long max.
What are the advantages of the more expensive 'van' type?
Reagards
Steve and Sue.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
For myself I see many more disadvantages.........mainly to do with space
and layout of a van conversion.

But I know because I asked the question a while ago "Why do people buy van conversions" that some folks like them.

No doubt they will be along soom to tell you why

Not for me though

barry

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
For myself I see many more disadvantages.........mainly to do with space
and layout of a van conversion.

But I know because I asked the question a while ago "Why do people buy van conversions" that some folks like them.

No doubt they will be along soom to tell you why

Not for me though

barry

When we started we had bought a van to convert ,luckily hubby knew the van very well , we did have professional folk convert it in the end, we felt at the time it was "getting a foot on the ladder" syndrome ::bigsmile: but we really didnt want a larger van then and loved every minute we could in it, such great freedom, but now we are nearing a age when hopefully we can travel for longer spells and again knew the m/h we have now would suit if we wanted to winter anywhere (if we would be so lucky to)

Would we do it again..... Darn right we would :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Weve just bought an Autocruise Starfire 6 mtr short wheel base very small turning circle it has rear kitchen 2 berth (singles or double ) lowline. It suits us just fine . We found the panel vans mostly on long wheel base vehicles also short on internal space (storage) This is only my opinion, hope it helps.

OP
OP
G

Going Mobile

Free Member
Jul 10, 2011
Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
About to Purchase!
Exp
Hi All,
thanks for the warm welcom and the useful info. It's early days yet and I guess we plan to puchase toward the end of the summer. We have a cruise booked for mid September :Cool:. Then we plan to go to a show and sit in as many as we can to get a feel for each type - van and coachbuilt.

Fidget, I like the look of your choise. What would you say is the best mpg I could expect from a 2.2 diesel such as this?

Regards
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi welcome to the forum.

All vans, motorhomes, RV's, are the same in as much they get you away and give you Freedom wether you have a converted Berlingo or a American quad slide Revolution, wether it's new or 30 years old.

Two main things will decide any ones purchase, the all important purchace price and running costs, then what do I want it to do, and what do I want to do with it.

My first Van a VW 1200 split screen was 90% down to price, I then started to buy more what I wanted, although price is a factor the percentage rate over the years has droped, but guess what, I had some great times in that VW and now it would be worth 100 times what I paid for it. :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back