Hello...a convert from the dark side !! (1 Viewer)

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Gooday everyone :Smile:. Well we have now passed over from the "dark Side" lol. Having been caravanning for many years we are now officially Motorhomers (i hope thats a proper term).
Weve been talking about it for a while, I got a good price for my caravan and with the cash left me by my late dad we put it together and have now taken the plunge.
We have bought a 2006 Autocruise starblazer that has a transverse bed over a large garage.
It will mainly be used for travelling to Dog agility competitions and the garage is in the process of having dog cages built into it.
Im fairly technically minded (im a sparky by trade) and have worked out most of the idiosyncrasies onboard, but the eberspacher combitronic deluxe hot water and heating system takes some getting used to after years with a truma. In particular how do you drain the water heater of water for winterisation ?. The manual says there is a red drain tap, but there isnt, and I dont want frozen water damaging it.
All in all we are looking forward to happy days with the new hobby, have a nice day.
Paul and Maddie (and the dogs)::bigsmile:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
In particular how do you drain the water heater of water for winterisation ?. The manual says there is a red drain tap, but there isnt, and I dont want frozen water damaging it.

Spend winters in Spain/Portugal/Morocco - why bother draining the system?

Welcome to the Fun

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, cannot help with the techie bit, but welcome aboard. Hope you have great FUN with the new toy!

Regards, Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
:welcomefunster: might see you at a show sometime although we do mostly Obedience shows now, Steve Tubb caged our garage, you will love arriving at a weekend show and not having to have all bother of setting a caravan up, we changed from a caravan 2 years ago and its the best thing we ever did.
Motorhome fun is a great forum with lots of helpfull experts and its been invaluable to me from the moment I started looking to change

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Welcome,

So you used to be a "tugger" then .

My ex used to call me something that referred to that, and we never had a caravan :cry:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and Welcome to Motorhome Fun.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Welcome from me too, I have a small MH, we also have a caravan, still trying to convert hubby into a larger MH instead, he is having none of it at the moment, I cannot see the sense in tugging any more, we have done for decades, make life easier I say.

Enjoy your new toy, and don`t forget to wave it is obligatory , to other MH that is. :ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: there should be a drain valve but where these people put them is anyones guess --it may be quicker and less hassel to go to a plumbers merchant, and fit one in-line yourself - they may hide in a cupboard / under a bed etc etc or they may not have fitted one at all :Doh: good luck on your search :thumb:
terry

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
And a warm welcome from me too :thumb:

OP
OP
M

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Gooday everyone :Smile:. Well we have now passed over from the "dark Side" lol. Having been caravanning for many years we are now officially Motorhomers (i hope thats a proper term).
Weve been talking about it for a while, I got a good price for my caravan and with the cash left me by my late dad we put it together and have now taken the plunge.
We have bought a 2006 Autocruise starblazer that has a transverse bed over a large garage.
It will mainly be used for travelling to Dog agility competitions and the garage is in the process of having dog cages built into it.
Im fairly technically minded (im a sparky by trade) and have worked out most of the idiosyncrasies onboard, but the eberspacher combitronic deluxe hot water and heating system takes some getting used to after years with a truma. In particular how do you drain the water heater of water for winterisation ?. The manual says there is a red drain tap, but there isnt, and I dont want frozen water damaging it.
All in all we are looking forward to happy days with the new hobby, have a nice day.

Hi Paul and Maddie, As your in Colchester, just up the road from us, We.re in Great Bentley, you could come to Waldergraves Meet and meet up some funsters, maybe someone there might know about your drain tap.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Just a thought, not sure if you think ex tuggers are the dark side, but it's not that, it's another motorhome forum banter that has been going on some time.:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If your red knob has fallen off, it may be worth contacting the last person who had it to see how they managed.

Oh, and Welcome to Fun.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back