Heki 3 rooflight sun blind (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
A couple of questions for the technical team.
The pleated sun blind in the rooflight of my 18 month old mh looks like a lace curtain over the complete width for a section of about 150 mm (6 inches). This happened to the blinds in my previous mh but not so bad and I didnt do anything about it except moan! So am I just unlucky or is this a more general problem? After all these rooflights cost the best part of £1000 and keeping out sunlight is a key requirement.
It look as if there is a spare available to replace the blind but from a quick read it does seem a bit involved to do. Has anyone done it and should I bother if I will be back to square one in a year or so?
Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's only 18 months old isn't is still covered under warranty?

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
MinxyGirl
I have yet to check that but in my experience most things have a 12 month warranty. One shortcoming of German motorhomes is shorter warranty compared to British ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
MinxyGirl
I have yet to check that but in my experience most things have a 12 month warranty. One shortcoming of German motorhomes is shorter warranty compared to British ones.
Was it not a UK bought one then? Our German Globecar has a 2 years warranty, in fact we had the same issue as you on our smaller Heki's blind and it was replaced under warranty, approx 18 months old at the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back