Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
Hi
After what seems years of deciding, dithering and pontificating about buying a Hymer, finally yesterday my dad and I have put down a deposit on a 95 Hymer B544. When we were going through the paperwork we were handed the below letter from the previous owners. If anyone recognises the below please let me know! She will be well looked after and my two young daughters are besides themselves with excitement, almost as much as me! Luckily we live on the edge of the New Forest so there are plenty of places to go. I am sure I will have a few questions!

Attachments

• hymer.png
    hymer.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 167

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
:WelcomeFlag:Welcome, and ask away, there's a wealth of knowledge on here, plus a lot of good humoured (most of the time) banter.

That's a really nice start to motorhoming, we bought Harriet 3 years ago, she was a bit like a maltreated animal, rough looking but you could see a hint of a glint of what was underneath waiting to shine.

Gradually knocking her into shape, with masses of help from the big hearted people on this forum, I joined a few but this is the one I call Harriet's home.

If you decide to join you will recoup the joining fee a hundred fold, just in laughs alone, expert help is always at hand.

Hymie

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:
What a lovely idea and how nice for you to know she has been looked after and cared for .
Have great adventures in Heidi and when you join you will get loads of help and advice .
there is a Helga ,Hymie ,Helen vintage vans on here to name but a few so will be able to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and a big :welcome3:enjoy your new to you van,with its lovely note!
Sure you will.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & welcome.
A lovely van & you are in a beautiful area of the country.
Ive always left letters for the new owners when we've moved houses but this is our 1st motorhome but would probably do the same.
Have lots of happy adventures with your girls.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello and :pink: to Fun.
Well worth you joining for £15, for all the advice, answers, rallies you can join etc...
Enjoy your new motorhome.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
Nice letter to find.
You know there are no problems.

Enjoy

Mel & Lieve

OP
OP
Marcus75

Marcus75

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
Many thanks for the welcome, it appears that all of the letter is not displayed on the attachment, but no worries! It would be nice to track down the previous owners if only to say thank you for keeping it in such good condition, my Dad and I genuinely can't see any issues. Of course there will be bits and pieces to sort out but that will be half the fun, my dad is a retired car mechanic so I am sure between the two of us we will keep her in the manner that she is clearly used too! We cannot pick up until the 23rd, as service, MOT and Habitation check needs to be done.
It's going to be a long two weeks!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi, and welcome this is a good place to be with lots of very good advice and watch out for the humour. It is all well meant, been here just over a year and loving it.

Enjoy your Heidi

All the best Clive

:france::welc::france:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
That’s lovely,our new to us Hymer will be called Fifi,she was first registered in France and one of the numbers on the CofC started with Fifi,however if she becomes a stroppy frog that could change!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and welcome, I love my 2003 B544 as well.
Were down in beautiful Suffolk this week enjoying being out and about.
Your gonna have some fun !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back