Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
has any body done the Hebrides if yes where did u start from etc did u get a multi ferry ticket etc .thanks guys

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We started from home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes we went for the hopscotch ticket can't remember what one it was and we started at Oban. If you do a search on here you will find my report on out full trip where we stopped where we ate and just about everything else.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Shuggy I flew into benbecula in a fat albert( Hercules)and spent about 6 weeks there didnt get around too much but what a great place I can remember reading a newspaper on the beach at 2am it just went a little bit dull it did not go dark.:Eeek: I would like to go back there ,fantastic beaches, went to the only pub Creagorry arms and got into an argument with a crofter :roflmto:he was a little tipsy and I tripped over his outstreched legs he had a bottle of homebrewed whisky in his pocket and was very vocal especially to the english baxxarxx he was ok really after I had a conversation with him he lived off the lobster fishing and was going to buy a bull with the seasons returns I recall it was about 12000 quid not bad for 4 months and that was back in 1978 the local people were quite friendly and some had never seen a train .:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Military Base

I served with the Army on Benbecula for 2 yrs 91/93 Loved it and the people were fab Had some great times in the local pub and N & S Uists are lovely too North is Catholic and South Protestant or vise versa and Benny in the middle Went swimming in the sea in Feb in nothing more than shorts as sea was very warm BUT winters were long and horrible. The beaches are fab
IF you can, visit St Kilda by boat Its the furthest island west in the UK and a magical place.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
has any body done the Hebrides if yes where did u start from etc did u get a multi ferry ticket etc .thanks guys

I started from Shrewsbury !!!!!!

Seriously though, I bought a hopscotch ticket to cover from Lewis to Barra ! Starting at Oban Fantastic journey !! Lots of wildcamping spots ! I am writing this from Moffat CC&C site on our way to the West Coast !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back