hebrides

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Shuggy68, May 10, 2013.

1. Shuggy68

Shuggy68

has any body done the Hebrides if yes where did u start from etc did u get a multi ferry ticket etc .thanks guys

2. lorger

lorger Funster

We started from home :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Yes we went for the hopscotch ticket can't remember what one it was and we started at Oban. If you do a search on here you will find my report on out full trip where we stopped where we ate and just about everything else.

3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, Shuggy I flew into benbecula in a fat albert( Hercules)and spent about 6 weeks there didnt get around too much but what a great place I can remember reading a newspaper on the beach at 2am it just went a little bit dull it did not go dark.:Eeek: I would like to go back there ,fantastic beaches, went to the only pub Creagorry arms and got into an argument with a crofter :Laughing:he was a little tipsy and I tripped over his outstreched legs he had a bottle of homebrewed whisky in his pocket and was very vocal especially to the english baxxarxx he was ok really after I had a conversation with him he lived off the lobster fishing and was going to buy a bull with the seasons returns I recall it was about 12000 quid not bad for 4 months and that was back in 1978 the local people were quite friendly and some had never seen a train .:Cool:

4. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Military Base

I served with the Army on Benbecula for 2 yrs 91/93 Loved it and the people were fab Had some great times in the local pub and N & S Uists are lovely too North is Catholic and South Protestant or vise versa and Benny in the middle Went swimming in the sea in Feb in nothing more than shorts as sea was very warm BUT winters were long and horrible. The beaches are fab
    IF you can, visit St Kilda by boat Its the furthest island west in the UK and a magical place.

5. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

I started from Shrewsbury !!!!!!

Seriously though, I bought a hopscotch ticket to cover from Lewis to Barra ! Starting at Oban Fantastic journey !! Lots of wildcamping spots ! I am writing this from Moffat CC&C site on our way to the West Coast !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited: May 11, 2013