LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We had a downpour yesterday while we were out near Torrevieja. Had to shelter in a christmas tent/shop, it was pretty impressive watching it come down.

Daughter is out for a couple of weeks - had rain every day so far! It is due to brighten up and get a bit warmer from tuesday.

Never known it this cold (14°) in december!!!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Its hissing down and blowing a gale here in Benidorm now, the wettest winter for many a year the locals are saying.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Raining here in Villajoyosa......I want a rebate, came her for sun. (y)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The rain has been very intense indeed today across the Costa Blanca and beyond; and a LOT more is forecast for tomorrow and Monday too.
Sadly, this lunchtime at Cala Finestrat (next door to Benidorm) a Spanish man attempted to get back to his car that was caught in floodwaters on the sloping main street near the beach, but was swept downstream and out to sea - rescuers finally managed to recover his body from the sea about half an hour later.
Spanish press aren't too squeamish about reporting all the details of such things - several sites have posted video footage taken by a witness of the whole incident.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Spanish press aren't too squeamish about reporting all the details of such things - several sites have posted video footage taken by a witness of the whole incident.
Yes that's one thing that you do eventually get used to , although it takes some time. A bit like driving past the accident where they are performing cpr on someone none of which is hidden.:(

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
youll be pleased to know that after a week of unseasonally mild weather in London its actually a bit colder tonight

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Torrential rain thunderstorms and Gale force winds here in Altea parked at camperstop Daniella next to the beach. It's not all bad though, debs cooking our Sunday roast and I have a nice bottle of Rioja on the go. Salut!!

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Dreadful of course for that poor man and his family.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Torrential rain thunderstorms and Gale force winds here in Altea parked at camperstop Daniella next to the beach. It's not all bad though, debs cooking our Sunday roast and I have a nice bottle of Rioja on the go. Salut!!

Glad to see someone making the best of a bad week of weather. Enjoy your lunch and your wine and look forward to the good weather you'll get soon.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I was invited to a friends for dinner. They live behind me ( West) & about 3kms by road . :xThumb: Due to flooding I drove nearly 17kms getting there in the end but drove through at least 8 places completely underwater. One I could tell had even lost the road surface underneath the water. Even turned back from one when the road disappeared into a lake with no sign of the other side.:xdoh: Basically most roads closed & they are marooned without even knowing it until I told them.:xsurprised: Even coming home a different route, the only way out was over the railway crossing (road actually closed but passable ) & all the way into Lorca & out down the main road home. 31kms in total there/back.:xsad:
Fortunately it had stopped raining around 1,30pm just before I went & brightened up, we even saw sun until around 5pm when I left as it was just starting to rain again.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I was invited to a friends for dinner. They live behind me ( West) & about 3kms by road . :xThumb: Due to flooding I drove nearly 17kms getting there in the end but drove through at least 8 places completely underwater. One I could tell had even lost the road surface underneath the water. Even turned back from one when the road disappeared into a lake with no sign of the other side.:xdoh: Basically most roads closed & they are marooned without even knowing it until I told them.:xsurprised: Even coming home a different route, the only way out was over the railway crossing (road actually closed but passable ) & all the way into Lorca & out down the main road home. 31kms in total there/back.:xsad:
Fortunately it had stopped raining around 1,30pm just before I went & brightened up, we even saw sun until around 5pm when I left as it was just starting to rain again.

Glad you're back home safely.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Just had a walk near Betera (by Valencia) and after prolonged rain overnight some of the "inundables" have been "inundabled" in the back roads through the orange groves, with the odd car going through to have a look, before turning back, and at one point a lot of Policía Local cars shooting out of HQ sirens blaring.

Moi34

Free Member
Apr 15, 2014
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ev
Exp
Was bad weather in Seville last Thursday moved on to Fuengarolla . Has been very wet but now settling and lovely day .Weather forecast for next 10 days looks good . Friends who have lived here for 15 years said they have seen nothing like it in that time

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
No worries regarding the weather in Murcia, the EX Soggies have just arrived at Totana----- get your shorts and sun tan oil out.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Its surprising the lengths people will go, for a free dinner.:xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back