heating /urgent help reqd

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JohnM, Nov 30, 2012.

1. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Going away tomrrow i hope.The problem is i cant get the truma system to work.Ihave no lights showing on the two dials so cant get it to work on gas or elc i have checked fuse for the heating read manual.Has anyone got advice its a truma combi.
    Thanks guys.:Sad:

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi John, we currently have a similar problem with our Truma Combi. All of a sudden the blown air fan made a loud whirring noise and the whole system went dead. We took the van back to the supplying dealer and they replaced a fuse on the circuit board inside the unit. All was ok for a while but the same problem occuured last week. Upon consulting Truma our dealer is now going to fit a new fan unit, they think the fan is drawing too much current causing the fuse to blow.

Brisey.

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi John, is it gas only or electric as well?

4. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Hi John, is it the combi 4 or 6. Assuming your fuse to the heater is ok the Reset button is under the little cover on the unit, however they had major problems 2007-9 i think with dry joints on the board. Had exactly the same symptoms intermittently and after several attemps to get it sorted here, dropped in at Truma, Germany. They replaced the unit, plus doubled the warranty. Hope yours is something simple, regards Richard

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Thank you very much for the info iwent back in and checked combi fuse and allso reset button,fuse was ok reset button? difficult to tell if it was triped or not this is the second time this has happend the last time it just started up after a couple of hours as has happend this time.i was in the van and switched the rotary dials of and then back on and hey presto system now working.the boiler is a combi gas &elc 6e i think so i will have a word with truma.Thanks to scotties brisey and jim.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1