Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I charged all my batteries up and as I was re connecting them this morning the blown heating came on, no big deal I think, must have left it on when I disconnected the batteries?
I let it run for a bit, it got nice and warm, then I had to go back to work; so I shut everything up till this afternoon.
As I'm making sure all things are working, I thought I would give it another blast, but I isn't swithing on? Surely it can't be the fuse because it was working when I switched it off, any ideas you clever folk?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Had the same sort of problem once before, it was the thermostat not working. Don't know if it helps you?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
PFM, flick switch and heat, same as old one but old one required manual mucking about and......

Could be crud in the thermostat, probably the first and easiesr to try.

Is the gas on, and is there plenty?

The fuse should be in the galatrek box beneth the fridge (?) and easy to check, and, is the temp setting is set high enough to fire up, easy, just slide down then up listening for the piong?

Good luck as always:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I normally flick the thermostat on and turn it up to full, after around 30 seconds or so it normally fires up.
I've got just under have a tank of lpg.

PFM, galatrek, you got me on those?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Still got battery power ??? is it an Attwood or Suburban--------I could be mistaken----but---I seem to remember a trip switch ?? and diagnostic lights behind the outside door on an Attwood ??
Nigel

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just a shot in the dark,,, but could someone have run a different set of wires for one reason or another,, and could you have an in-line fuse near to the batteries that may have been disturbed..

I only mention this cos I have just put new batteries on mine and there are two fuses next to the battery`s..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I normally flick the thermostat on and turn it up to full, after around 30 seconds or so it normally fires up.
I've got just under have a tank of lpg.

PFM, galatrek, you got me on those?

Galatrek, big brown box benieth fridge?
It's the elctrical distribution, 12volt, fuses, battery chargeing etc etc, I'm assuming yours will be the same as ours?

Drop the lid down, 1/4 turn in the black plastic retainer and it's fairly self explanatory.

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
You will never guess what was stopping my heating from working.

You may remember if you read my other post, that I had a few flies inside when I opened up,(still haven't found a reason behind that) anyway, I removed the cover on the thermostat, just in case there was dust or something preventing it from operating correctly. Well there was a fly stuck between the coil and the temp thingy preventing it making a connection!

You couldn't make it up, but thankfully a cheap fix.

Thanks for all the advise :thumb:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Galatrek, big brown box benieth fridge?
It's the elctrical distribution, 12volt, fuses, battery chargeing etc etc, I'm assuming yours will be the same as ours?

Drop the lid down, 1/4 turn in the black plastic retainer and it's fairly self explanatory.

I think mine may have a different layout to yours Dodgey. My "Galatrek" is below my wardrobe, which is opposite the fridge.
I have the bed in the corner, the shower and toilet next to it, and a basin between that and the wardrobe, the fridge is at the bottom of the bed, which is next to the cooker and sink, which is opposite the diner area.
Are you still with me?
I have no single chair behind the passengers front seat, or any sofa. My Winnie is a mini 22ft:Blush: ::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
The galatrek box is in the same place, just the fridge and wardrobe is swapped, well on ours the wardrobe is turned 90 degrees and at the foot of the bed as well and your kitchens on the other side to ours, obviously at that size quite different as the longer models all see to follow the same layout with more space equalling things like island bed, extra barrel chair etc.

I'm being a bit sad now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Too much Winne watching:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back