Heating broke again while at Peterborough show (1 Viewer)

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi anyone,
I thought I might have solved my heating problem last week
Took things apart as I thought maybe it was a lose connection last week and after putting it all back together again; hey presto, it all started working again (hot water always working but heating comes on and then clicks off and a red light appears on the control)
Wasn't too bad where we were before as we were on 240v hookup and ran a small fan heater but now on 12 volt so can't do that.
checked the battery and voltage is good as some people suggested that it might be low but it is at 13.4 volts
any ideas as dog is getting cold; wife also.

thanks in advance

Bernie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We had the same in Spain!
It was the truma regulator, it was passing enough gas for everything but the heating!
Changed it and all was well!

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Trauma regulator?
Is that the valve that you hold on for 20 secs by the gas bottles?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Thanks, I will wrap the dog up tonight and have a look round tomorrow in case any stalls mere at the show with one (you never know eh).
weird fault though and strange that it started working again and then packed up.
That's life
I will let you know the results
thanks
Bernie

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Actually if there are any repairers at the show please give me a call if you think you can do it

07903 407203

Bernie

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got some hot water bottles you can borrow if you want ... your wife will need to fight the dog for them! :)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
I offered to take the dog place LOL.
Hope you enjoyed the bottle of wine last night.

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
no, i couldnt get on the internet and didnt see your posting; what a bummer! In the good old days phones were brilliant.
We ended up coming home on Sunday as when I looked at Max I could see his nuts had fallen off in the cold.
Premature dementia setting in as wifey told me he had been done about 5 years ago.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Mine packed in as well but after fiddling around I checked the switch and it went again but with a fan rattling so I twisted the body a bit and it went OK. It woke me up with the cold and in the dark it is a bit offputting. I also had a problem with the cassette for the toilet after emptying it I put it in place and wife used it but the flap had refused to open and she didn't notice. had to pull it out again and fiddle with the catch mechanism wash it all down inside and replace and test it to check, not a nice jobey but I do not know why it stuck it just did not catch the catch if you know what I mean.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back