Heathrow Terminal 5 - MoHo friendly? (1 Viewer)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Help please....I am picking up some friends from the above soon....but....can I do so in my 25' motorhome...or are there height or any other restrictions in place to stop me?

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
You should be fine on departures level if they are waiting ready for you & you just drive up. Departures level would probably be easier because arrivals is all bus stops & you don't want to end up in the car park! No headroom!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You may well get a ticket for picking up in the drop off area.

Sandra has just travelled via Terminal 5 and the police/wardens were thick on the ground in the drop off area.

I agree with Ninovan - you definitely won't get into the pick up area. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I tried this in 2014. There is no way that you can get anything larger than an SUV into pick-up or drop off, without incurring the wrath of the "authorities". Parking or stopping in the "Bus" area will get you a ticket (unless you are very lucky!) it`s covered with "jobsworths" and camera`s with ANPR!. (and a nightmare to negotiate!) In the end we parked the M-H on a site near Iver and drove the toad into Heathrow (about a 15 to 20min drive). We did the same this last June to collect and return the Grand-kids when they where over from the USA. One suggestion if you do not have the "toad" is to get a Taxi from and to the site?.

Another suggestion is to ask your passengers to get the Train/Underground to a specific station and collect them from there?. If they are not young kids?.

Pete

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
T5 has an excellent overhight car park, it is adjacent to the arrivals lounge just across the road. It is separate and below the short stay car park. I normally pay around ten pounds which gives me time to pick up and have a coffee on the top floor.
T5 is the best place to pick up just a short run from the M25 exit.
Goggle the over height car park and use your sat nav as you need to keep your eyes on the signs to find it. If you miss it don't panic just go around again.

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
T5 has an excellent overhight car park, it is adjacent to the arrivals lounge just across the road. It is separate and below the short stay car park. I normally pay around ten pounds which gives me time to pick up and have a coffee on the top floor.
T5 is the best place to pick up just a short run from the M25 exit.
Goggle the over height car park and use your sat nav as you need to keep your eyes on the signs to find it. If you miss it don't panic just go around again.

EXACTLY where is this, I spent a lot of time trying to find medium term parking for an over-height vehicle?. It must be more secret than Area 50!!. (the truth is out there!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back