heater

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adam b, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Adam b

Adam b Read Only Funster

I have a chausson flash 510 it has a diesel heater It heats up great but when it goes off it doesn't come back on when it gets cold I have looked everywhere for the sensor but no joy, any help appreciated.
    Adam

2. andy63

andy63 Funster

Hi adam if you can say what makeof heater you have and the control unit it has someone may be able to help. The temp sensor is likely to be in the control panel fitted in the van as thats the temp been monitored.
    I remember making sure that I had air flow over the back of my panel from the van interior on the box I mounted the control panel on for that reason.
    thats not to say that the heater ecu may be the faulty part and not the temp sensor
    another possible faullt may be the battery voltage may be too low to allow a restart.
    ta andy.

3. Adam b

Adam b Read Only Funster

Its an eberspacher, I found the sensor I'm the van, we are on hook up just now so battery not the problem

4. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Hi Adam,
    on my best of 10 the sensor is just behind the passenger seat at about head height on the wood where the bed slides. It's about 30mm x 10mm.
    Regards,
    Lee.