Heater that doesn't heat

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by ninjayorkies, Sep 26, 2010.

1. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

I'm currently winding my way through Belgium en route to Austria and me heater is playing up. It's a Carver 5500 turbo fanmaster and up until yesterday was working fine ( on EHU) but today there is very little heat radiating from it at all. Not sure if it's something I can rectify but would appreciate any advise. Thankfully I have an oil filled radiator as back up cos I don't fancy November in Austria with little heat :Angry: I'm starting to think this 'new life abroad' trip is just jinxed :cry:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

I presume you mean it's not working on EHU ?

If it's an electrical fault on the heater there is probably no quick fix you could so yourself and an oil filled heater won't be man enough when the temperatures drop below zero ..

Is it working on LPG ? If so your situation isn't too critical , besides, EHU is metered on some sites and it may work cheaper to run on LPG

In your situation I would buy a cheap electric fan heater as a back up.

3. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

Tried it on gas and it's a wee bit warmer but not as hot as it was. Not me I'm bothered about when it's chilly but the 15 yr old Ninja Yorkie really feels the cold. :BigGrin:

4. MrsWoman 123

MrsWoman 123 Read Only Funster

If it's then blown air heating that you're talking about or the gas then it's more likely that it's the fan master that's broken you should take it to someone who knows what they're doing or to a trustworthy dealer:thumb: