Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Got home from Newbury to find the household gas supply had been cut off (Have to remember to pay those bills :Smile:) and have just been reconnected this afternoon. If that wasn't bad enough my Truma Combi boiler failed at Newbury.
Not a problem when we were there, just boil a kettle or use the on site showers (They were superb I might add :Smile:)
Checked out all of the usual trouble shooting tips & eventually contacted the dealer with the LED code - apparently it has an igniter fault & will have to go in for repair :Sad:
That's not till next Tuesday, so it looks like we will have a stinky weekend on Miller's Field at Ambleside :Eeek:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hope it's not a dear fault to fix Dick.

Graham

I will let you know later next week :cry: Might get it as a warranty job, but I am not holding my breath ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
drink

we always got plenty drink its the first thing we put in the van:Smile:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Took the MH to Cleveland Motorhomes this morning for it's 10.30am appointment.
Called back 2 hours later to be told that the replacement of the ignitor had not remedied the problem & that it was the "Board".:Eeek:
They didn't have a new one in stock, but tried their best to get one from another supplier, but to no avail. Service Manager then got a fitter to remove the appropriate card from one of their new Motorhomes & fit it to mine.
Now Sorted & I can now have hot water & showers all over France ::bigsmile:

The cost was a bit of a revelation considering the time that they had to take over the job - Nil Pounds. All done under warantee. Well done Cleveland Motorhomes :thumb:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I am glad that they did, otherwise we could have been waiting for a few weeks for a part to arrive & France beckons on the 22nd June ::bigsmile:
I must admit that I went to the dealer with the cynical view that this was going to cost me big bucks. Just shows that you can't tar them al with the same brush :Smile:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
True, she has been a huffy little madam since we came back from Ambleside & she had to leave her boyfriend ::bigsmile:
I think she is keeping all of her licks fro Prestwold where she hopes to meet up with JJ again :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
. Well done Cleveland Motorhomes :thumb:

we bought our kontiki at cleveland m/h's and they couldnt be more helpful.

we've never needed to go back for anything but were sent a new, complete mini roof vent and a pair of trims for reasons unknown....we never asked for them :Eeek: but its always nice to have a spare and the trims could be handy if i knew what they were for.:Doh:

only thing i would like is for their finance 'arranger' take a course in being more generous with the truth and be more forthcoming and acurate with the 'finer' details......

if i was buying cash i would return to them, but for a finance deal.....i'd sooner go to a loan shark !!!!!

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Bought mine cash, so I have no experience of their "Finance" deals ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we've always bought everything with real money but on this occasion we had little choice.......finance or no van.
and, being mugs, we took their nice offer of being bled dry for 10 years. :cry:

never again.....no cash, no goods. simple :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back