Health Question - Legs? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Hi to you out there, has anybody had problems with their legs anything like mine and has it been cured?

I have been suffering with ELS for years witch is now controlled with drugs. The problem I have now is that I seem to get aching calf muscles which some times I most admit It brings me to tears when it hurts so much. I take Tramadol and some times this works. There is no rhyme or reason when this comes on, can be at night or anytime during the day. It makes no difference if I am out on the bike walking just lazing around doing nothing. In fact I get the same sort of ache in my upper left arm, It's NOT cramp its very strong ache.

I know most of you out there are super fit! but there may some one who the same problem if so how did you cure it?

colyboy

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I will be of little or no use, partly because I have no idea what ELS is

but I have similar aches and pains and like to associate them to sporting injuries, the fact I didn't do much sport and have done nothing for 30+ years doesn't matter :)

my upper arm elbow (left if it matters) must be tennis elbow (despite being right handed)

bad knees down to rugby scrums, even if I only played from 14 - 19

aching fingers, must be tiddly winks (y)

luckily no problems with my wrists :LOL:

hope you sort them out though and don't start statins, they caused me no end of aches and pains, fixed by self unmedicating

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Colyboy yes I suffered similar symptoms and had to have stents put in both my legs,but more important to you is get to your Doctor immediately as ot could be an early warning of a more serious condition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
This could be case of atherosclerosis starting, do you have any pain or claudication , when walking up hills or at all vigorously? I suggest you go to your doctor reasonably urgently and ask for a doppler ultrasound to measure the flow and any restrictions, Do you also have any symptoms of an aortic stenosis, such as a palpable throb on the groin or under the stomach. I have dealt with many cases of this when I was working and if dealt with early is well treatable. BIG QUESTION, Do you smoke?????? nearly all these symptoms are related to overweight and Smoking, with diabetes closely following. Sorry if I am panicking you but get it seen to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back