Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
I know not all motorhomes have headlinings but ours does and I decided to attempt to clean some marks off ours just the front part over the driver and passenger seats as it is sectioned off, I used a professional upholstery foam cleaner which is less wet, it was very successful, and brought it back to like new but, has caused it to sag and come away from the roof, its not a big problem but I would like any advice as to know how I could get it 'stuck' back to the roof.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
pva glue thinned down with water works on sagging fabric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kickstart

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Thanks Pyro, Good thinking, why didn't I think of that ? Will give it a try later and let you know, are you going back to Portugal again ?
Have you thought about heating it up gently with a hairdryer to tension it, and to reactivate any adhesive?

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Thanks Pyro, Good thinking, why didn't I think of that ? Will give it a try later and let you know, are you going back to Portugal again ?
Welcome, but low heat, though. Back for Christmas, can't wait :)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Steam it... use steam gently to help it shrink back.

Mix up a very weak solution of G101 say 20. to 1. Steam the area then with a super soft cloth wipe it very gently with your G101 solution then steam it again.

Go steady do be patient don't expect miracles and you may have to stem it a couple of times to get perfection.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Steam it... use steam gently to help it shrink back.

Mix up a very weak solution of G101 say 20. to 1. Steam the area then with a super soft cloth wipe it very gently with your G101 solution then steam it again.

Go steady do be patient don't expect miracles and you may have to stem it a couple of times to get perfection.
And that has to be the definitive answer. Thanks for answering this, Charlie (y)

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
My only experience with sagging headlinings was on a yacht, and the issue there was the open-cell foam backing, which degraded and disintegrated over time. If it's anything like that, it may be possible to achieve a short-term fix by getting debris out and some adhesive in there, but ultimately it may be a case of stripping out and replacing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back