May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch stain around the kitchen fiamma vent,
I am getting the vent resealed , but does anybody know of a safe way of removing the reasonably new stain (it wasn't there 3 weeks ago) off the head lining.
Thanks in anticipation. Terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if its not been wet for a while, it may dry out ok without a stain. otherwise, its behind the plastic coating and no way to remove it. ideally a stained board would be replaced, but some workshops dry them out and paint over the stain

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I caused mine to stain after washing it with a spray bottle and wet cloth :Doh: after several attempts all I was doing made it worse :Smile:It would have been an easy job to reboard inbetween the cupboards :thumb: only 3 boards :thumb: but I decided to try painting the vynil boards, mixed white and magnolia silk emulsion -half and half for my roof colour :thumb: removed inner rooflight and placcy trimsthat cover board joints.Then ended up giving it 3 coats of paint with a 4 ins roller and 1 ins brush for cutting into edges - took 10 mins to paint and about 4 hrs to dry inbetween coats:Eeek: refited everything next morning :thumb: lovely job and I don't think anyone would know its been painted :thumb:I could have reboared it in about 3 hrs ::bigsmile: instead of waiting for the paint to dry :Doh: paint don't like vynil boards :Eeek: ::bigsmile:
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barrybus

Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1993
Wallboards

Sorry to highjack the thread but does anyone know of a supplier of wallboards in the south east ish area thanks. Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back