Headlight sticker (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Instuctions are a little confusing,is this the correct position for 2004 fiat ducatto? I have not as yet stuck them on merely superimposed them.

Link Removed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If your light lens is plastic,Dont use the stick ons the adhesive will destroy the lanp
you should buy the fiat lens protecter and they are correctly marked for the deflectors to stick to
you just removve the protectors when back home:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
If your light lens is plastic,Dont use the stick ons the adhesive will destroy the lanp
you should buy the fiat lens protecter and they are correctly marked for the deflectors to stick to
Geo

Thanks for your reply Geo, they are the plastic twin headlights, as i have said not stuck them on yet.

Do they really damage lenses:Eeek:where can i get these fiat deflector from?

I know others have used sticky tape ;but wouldn't have a clue where to stick it::bigsmile:

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Link Removed
Geo

hi geo
i have a transit with plastic lenses, what do i use?
will the stick on ones ruin my headlight lenses?
ta

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes Im afraid the adhesive does damage lenses to the point of being an MoT failure
Most if not all Manufactures sell what is called a headlight protector after market non genuine are available cheaper It is advisable to fit these protectors and then apply beam bender sticker to those:thumb:
So you know what your looking for and to help you achive correct fitting, Here is a rather crude but efective Drawing
Drive vehicle upto a wall or garage door about 2-3- feet away, or get somone to hold a peice of hardboard in front for you
You will see your headlight patterns as something like the drawing, with what is called a left hand kick off,(right hand kick off for left hand drive only)
you should place the deflector in front of your headlight so as to remove the kick off entirely, leaving a flat top edge to your pattern, in simple terms loose the bit in the grey box and all will be well:thumb:
Hope that helps Geo
HLP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thanks Geo that makes it clear, did source some acrylic protectors ;but a little expensive @£44 ;but armed with this info maybe insulation tape would be the cheaper alternative (although broken headlight would cost much more)

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back