Headlight sticker

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sinbad1, Apr 22, 2009.

1. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Instuctions are a little confusing,is this the correct position for 2004 fiat ducatto? I have not as yet stuck them on merely superimposed them.

View attachment 2378

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

If your light lens is plastic,Dont use the stick ons the adhesive will destroy the lanp
    you should buy the fiat lens protecter and they are correctly marked for the deflectors to stick to
    you just removve the protectors when back home:thumb:
    Geo

3. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Thanks for your reply Geo, they are the plastic twin headlights, as i have said not stuck them on yet.

Do they really damage lenses:Eeek:where can i get these fiat deflector from?

I know others have used sticky tape ;but wouldn't have a clue where to stick it:BigGrin:

Regards

4. bevo

bevo Read Only Funster

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Geo [​IMG]
    If your light lens is plastic,Dont use the stick ons the adhesive will destroy the lanp
    you should buy the fiat lens protecter and they are correctly marked for the deflectors to stick to
    you just removve the protectors when back home:thumb:
    Geo

hi geo
    i have a transit with plastic lenses, what do i use?
    will the stick on ones ruin my headlight lenses?
    ta

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Yes Im afraid the adhesive does damage lenses to the point of being an MoT failure
    Most if not all Manufactures sell what is called a headlight protector after market non genuine are available cheaper It is advisable to fit these protectors and then apply beam bender sticker to those:thumb:
    So you know what your looking for and to help you achive correct fitting, Here is a rather crude but efective Drawing
    Drive vehicle upto a wall or garage door about 2-3- feet away, or get somone to hold a peice of hardboard in front for you
    You will see your headlight patterns as something like the drawing, with what is called a left hand kick off,(right hand kick off for left hand drive only)
    you should place the deflector in front of your headlight so as to remove the kick off entirely, leaving a flat top edge to your pattern, in simple terms loose the bit in the grey box and all will be well:thumb:
    Hope that helps Geo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Thanks Geo that makes it clear, did source some acrylic protectors ;but a little expensive @£44 ;but armed with this info maybe insulation tape would be the cheaper alternative (although broken headlight would cost much more)

Regards