LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've used these on my last 2 tow cars and both of my previous motorhomes, which as well as adding a first line of defence against stones & debris, they also come with markings on the cover that show where to mask when driving in mainland Europe.
A mask of the correct shape & size is usually provided, but once used and removed, black insulating tape works for future trips.

Anyway, on Monday I was heading south on the A75 near Castle Douglas and saw a tipper truck heading towards me and just before it reached me, a sizeable piece of road stone was either thrown up, or fell off the truck. It came bouncing along the centre lines, heading across towards my lane and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it, waiting for the thud.
Fortunately it stopped bouncing and I passed over it, thanking my lucky stars, then I remembered that in all of my excitement of getting the new van, I overlooked the headlight protectors.

A quick online purchase via Motorhome Essentials yesterday, saw the protectors arrive this morning and they were fitted within minutes of arriving (y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I wish they had some for the A class Hymer teardrop headlights, so I might just have to mould some myself from lexan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am too lazy to remove the tape so only put them on when in Europe :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back