Headlamp protectors

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Oldroadies, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Oldroadies

Oldroadies Read Only Funster

Hello,
    Anyone got any ideas where I can get the little metal clip that holds the headlamp protectors in place? Went to fit them today in preparation for French trip in 5 days and lo and behold one of the clips was missing from the box! Tried with a thin wire tie, but no good any other suggestions welcome - why do they make little pieces for things that easily get lost!
    Thanks in advance,

2. Brightspark

Brightspark Funster

Ring the company where you got them from & ask for a replacement, 1st class post

3. Oldroadies

Oldroadies Read Only Funster

Thanks, I would if I could remember where we got them, and the box has no address either:Sad:

4. steviebouy

steviebouy Funster

I got my protectors from ClimAir, www.climairuk.com . They may look favourably on you. They were very helpful when I was buying. As an aside I guess you are talking about the clip at the top of the headlamp, I left mine attached when I removed the covers and the next time I took the upper panel from the light the clip fell into the bowels of the engine bay. Luckily I found it (but was not able to retreive it with my trusty extending magnet as it is made from stainless) and then put warning notices (well, masking tape and felt pen) on the lights to remind me the clips are loose. Perhaps I should remove them and store with the covers - oh sorry, you said that didn't work either!