Headlamp protectors/beam deflector stickers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by wingman, Apr 30, 2014.

1. wingman

wingman Funster

Have just bought a new set of headlamp protectors for the ‘van with a view to using the included beam deflectors when travelling abroad.

Yes, I know that there’s a debate about deflectors – some funsters don’t bother. Some use black tape BUT, I had a pair on the previous ‘van and I was very impressed. Just whipped them off when in the UK and clipped them back on again for the foreign hols. Saved all that messing about with hair driers, cleaning the adhesive off etc.

My question is; the deflector stickers that came within this pack are confusing. There are four of them! Last time, I ignored the kit stickers and bought a cheap Hella set and followed their destructions . Has anyone fitted these protectors/deflectors to a new shape Peugeot Boxer 130 MultiJet type vehicle using the included black sticker kit?

Taa
    James

2. dickieo

dickieo Read Only Funster

If you intend to do a lot of night driving in Europe then fit them , if not i would not bother .

3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Why take them back off? still passes the MOT with them on.

4. wingman

wingman Funster

It's the positioning of the stickers that I'm keen on sorting out lads. I just wondered if any Funster had bought same? I guess I can do the same as last time and buy one of the 'silvered' sets from fleabay but just thought someone one here would know.

I will be doing a bit of night driving on a trip (among other places) to Italy. Also, I understand that it's law now to drive on dipped headlights, during daylight hours in Switzerland. Big fine if you don't!

5. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

I leave mine on :thumb:

As to not bothering well I never used to as never drove in the dark, but one slight problem WHAT ABOUT HEAVY RAIN? I only realised when I did it.

Will you pull over and fit them in the rain? .............thought not :thumb:

6. dickieo

dickieo Read Only Funster

Totally forgot about heavy rain , only had rain here twice in 9 months, each time for about 10 mins . lol

7. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

There are two sets, hence four.
    The squarish one is for the Left & the zigzag for the right, the protector should be premarked for the position.

8. suavecarve

suavecarve Funster

In answer to your actual question we thought we d buy that on board the old dfds ferry last year and tried and failed to put them on. Think they were a universal thing with destructions that were confusing enough for me.
    Didnt bother in the end, only drove for an hour or so at night.
    Forgot about them til this year and got over to Calais intending to get to Rouen at about 2300 hrs but gave up owing to the amount of flashes from lorry drivers in the opposite direction
    Going again in July and dont intend to drive at all at night.

For sale as new condition one pair of thingamejigs currently located within the van somewhere (I think)