Headlamp beam adapters (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2007
suffolk
Funster No
MH
Trigano tribute hi top
Exp
since August 2009
I have a 1993 left hand drive Hymer 544 an I'm not sure where to place these on the headlamp lense because the diagram with the instructions doesn't have anything that looks like my headlamps I am off on holiday to France in the near future do I need to bother with them because they make the headlights even more inefficient

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi,
I'm sure it will depend on what changes have been made to the vehicle for use on UK roads. If its left hand drive and if the headlamps have not been adapted for UK roads then you should not require beam benders. The lights should be already set for driving on the right. This could be why the lights appear so inefficient, but surely the MOT would have picked that up.:thumb:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I couldn't work mine out either, so just stuck 'em on somewhere close. :roflmto:

If the French Filth pull you, they won't care as long as summat is stuck on :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Assuming you don't drive at night, fix some bought beam deflectors on so they look good and I very much doubt you will have any problems :ROFLMAO:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
IF you are concerned about being stopped...

Black insulating tape...

Put a 15mm² patch on one light and a small rectangle on the other.

Broken Link Removed

It doesn't matter where - no one will check if they're in the right place.

Much better than using the massive "eye patch" sold by Halfords et al.

I take a set every time and always just put on some insulation tape instead and turn down the beam if driving at night.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
IF you are concerned about being stopped...

Black insulating tape...

Put a 15mm² patch on one light and a small rectangle on the other.

Broken Link Removed

It doesn't matter where - no one will check if they're in the right place.

Much better than using the massive "eye patch" sold by Halfords et al.

I take a set every time and always just put on some insulation tape instead and turn down the beam if driving at night.

The glue used with insulating tape may well craze a plastic lens when it gets hot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
buy a cheap set of headlight protectors, which usually come with a set of deflector stickers and marks where to fit them. just use the protectors when in europe. take a couple of minutes to fit so really easy to keep legal

mind you thousands of vehicles dont bother and few ever get prosecuted unless involved in an accident or if you pee off a police officer by being a smart arse

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Depends on age of your Hymer. My 2001 B584 has lights fitted that can be adjusted for driving on the wrong side! 3 Screws on the back of light.slacken screws and rotate light. I do mine when waiting to load on ferry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back