Heading to York for the weekend :) (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Well it's not as exciting as heading over the water but having a couple of days at Rowntree Park, friends Engagement party tomorrow night :)
Hardly recognise the van it's so clean and de-personalised :(
Will have had her one year on Sunday and only managed 4500 miles.
Compared to nearly 18,000 in a year in the first van rather sad :'(
Still at least she/we are getting out even if it's only 40 miles away.
Bring on the sunshine :)

OP
OP

Deleted User
@Milliemobile
Report back your thoughts on the site - I'm curious as I've booked in next month
...oh, and have a lovely time :).
We have been many times, we love it, but a lot don't, likening it to a car park :(
I don't think it's like a car park, nice compact site, the new area is very nice a bit more spacious, but the location is brilliant, 10 min walk into center, 100m to riverside walk if you have dogs.
Wardens use their discretion here to accommodate bigger units as it is tight on swing in for some pitches, so sometimes pitches are coned off, which seems to infuriate some, but common sense if you ask me, we are only 6m so don't have a problem on any pitch. Think it's mostly the big caravans that struggle.
York is my hometown so I love it.
The last wardens were great, they used to dress up to man the gates on busy weekend, create some light relief. New ones seem very nice too, though not yet seen them in fancy dress. :)

Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have been many times, we love it, but a lot don't, likening it to a car park :(
I don't think it's like a car park, nice compact site, the new area is very nice a bit more spacious, but the location is brilliant, 10 min walk into center, 100m to riverside walk if you have dogs.
Wardens use their discretion here to accommodate bigger units as it is tight on swing in for some pitches, so sometimes pitches are coned off, which seems to infuriate some, but common sense if you ask me, we are only 6m so don't have a problem on any pitch. Think it's mostly the big caravans that struggle.
York is my hometown so I love it.
The last wardens were great, they used to dress up to man the gates on busy weekend, create some light relief. New ones seem very nice too, though not yet seen them in fancy dress. :)

Lin
Yes we like Rowntree too. Handy for the buzz of the city or a quieter walk down the river. So much to see and do in York . It does get busy in holiday time and weekends,with all the pubs cafés restaurants there is plenty to go round. The historical places of interest still hold interest for us after many visits.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well it's not as exciting as heading over the water but having a couple of days at Rowntree Park, friends Engagement party tomorrow night :)
Hardly recognise the van it's so clean and de-personalised :(
Will have had her one year on Sunday and only managed 4500 miles.
Compared to nearly 18,000 in a year in the first van rather sad :'(
Still at least she/we are getting out even if it's only 40 miles away.
Bring on the sunshine :)
@Milliemobile hope the move is going ok! Is this the last trip in your van before selling:(

OP
OP

Deleted User
@Milliemobile hope the move is going ok! Is this the last trip in your van before selling:(
Move is off :( our buyers lost their buyers, so can't continue with ours.
We have a few more bookings at York over the summer unless the van sells in the mean time.

Lin :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Move is off :( our buyers lost their buyers, so can't continue with ours.
We have a few more bookings at York over the summer unless the van sells in the mean time.

So sorry to hear that it is a stressful thing. At least you can use your van and can visit your family .
we are booked again at the end of June. We like to visit in all the different seasons.
Hope the sale goes through soon for you.(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
. Brilliant site ,well looked after and spitting distance from city centre ,,just a pity about the attitude of some of the wardens ,not all just a couple ..Roy
Roy ,I think they were all new when we were there 3 weekends ago all seemed very nice .(y)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Anyone stopped at the Fulford Caravan Park?
It's one we have on our possible list to visit when we get our MH.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Roy ,I think they were all new when we were there 3 weekends ago all seemed very nice .(y)
Maybe after a few complaints to the club about one person in particular it was decided to change the staff ...i loved the site and would recommend it to anyone,..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We do too , I must say I feel sorry for the staff sometimes they get a very raw deal. I've always made a point of being friendly towards them and always get the same response! I've seen some people behave in a rude way asking ridiculous questions! They must get exasperated!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Anthea I am always polite ,never shout the odds with the wardens ,like you I know they have a very trying job at times ,but on my last visit about this time last year ,I arrived at noon and reported into reception ,I was given the choice of several sites and told that to let them know when I had parked up .drpve around the site to find that everyone of the so called available sites had signs on saying reserved, so went to reception to get the response oh! That happens a lot here because its popular one person will arrive then reserve it for their friends who will arrive later ,when I said this wad unfair and should not happen I was made to feel second class ,and the response was ,"what do you expect me to do about it " my response was as you can imagine quite colourful .she didn't sort out the perpetrators but found me a less than nice site right beside the road ...I was not impressed..but loved the site ....rang the club and informed them of my dissatisfaction at the way this site was being run ,and to be fair they said they would take up my complaint and also refund me my fees for the week ....Roy

OP
OP

Deleted User
Do you mean the York Marina? We have used this in past, nice location, and easy to get into York as bus stops right outside the gate.
It only has about 7 pitches, used to be a CC cl, but we got a letter earlier in year saying they are no longer part of CC.
Would use again if Rowntree full.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
UKCampsite.co.uk says that "this site has been sold for housing development and has therefore now closed".

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
UKCampsite.co.uk says that "this site has been sold for housing development and has therefore now closed".

Ok, that's a shame, as the website looks very good.
Have just looked at the York Marina website, and seems ideal, so may well try there.
Many thanks for the replies

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
we stayed here http://www.yorkcaravanpark.com/ a few weeks ago. absolutely fabulous facilities and bus stop at entrance goes into York 10 mins, or in other direction to a great wee pub in the next village. So impressed, we are thinking of going there at new year.

OP
OP

Deleted User
we stayed here http://www.yorkcaravanpark.com/ a few weeks ago. absolutely fabulous facilities and bus stop at entrance goes into York 10 mins, or in other direction to a great wee pub in the next village. So impressed, we are thinking of going there at new year.
That's where we are hoping to get a slot for storage. Not stayed there but looked very nice when we popped by to ask about storage.

Hutchy

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We stayed at a camping and caravan rally last weekend at the CCC between Fulford and Naburn and the 5van site there is good, bit further away from city centre but nice walking or cycling, just across road from marina camp site which looked good too.
Bus stop just outside site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back