LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Towards Dunkirk you have Oye Plage (free) Gravelines (nice and 3 euros 50 this time of year) both 15 to 20 minutes. Bergues (nice and free) 40 minutes. Hondschoote (nice and free) 50 minutes. All times are approximate.

If youre off the other way then Wissant 20-5 minutes nice and free (and could be busy) Montruiel (lovely and free) and about an hour ish

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
We will be avoiding tolls as much as possible heading down towards Biarritz and then on to malaga we have passengers with us who are a bit worried about calais we have stayed
around Calais before with no problems

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Definitely go for Cite Europe ... we've used it loads of times without any problems whatsoever, quick and easy to get to as well.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I d pop into Wissant. This time of year you should be fine. There are a further couple along the road to there. Failing that Montruiel which, even if full you can go into the town centre. We went that way on our first trip to france and got there at midnightish but i hadnt bothered with the headlights so we were continually flashed. Ended up in a car park and when we woke up there were 4 other motorhomes and a carvan there as well !
Remember nobody gives a monkeys out there

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I d pop into Wissant. This time of year you should be fine. There are a further couple along the road to there. Failing that Montruiel which, even if full you can go into the town centre. We went that way on our first trip to france and got there at midnightish but i hadnt bothered with the headlights so we were continually flashed. Ended up in a car park and when we woke up there were 4 other motorhomes and a carvan there as well !
Can be tight at night if busy and if you just want 10 minutes drive and then loads of room and safe area, well Cite Europe plus, easy shopping or breakfast if you want to be lazy later

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
The French don't give a monkeys here in Portugal so why should you in there country.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you want somewhere away from Calais and just want a place in a car park then go to Wimereux, easy to get to and actually very quiet:

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
Wissant is good

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
As people have said it depends which direction you're heading.

All within 30 minutes, you have Gravelines to the North, Watten due East and Wissant to the South.

They're all fine for an overnight.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
If I remember correctly,there was a thread on here last year by some fun members,who were saying that Wissant Aires was being targeted in the wee small hours by a gang of bike thieves,who were cutting thru’ your cycle locks and cables and stealing quality cycles. Just thought it worth a mention for someone who may not have stayed there before.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Pssssssst ... @gwyntaxi .... you do realise this thread was from Feb 2017 don't you ... I think the person posing the question might just have been and returned by now! :xgrin:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Pssssssst ... @gwyntaxi .... you do realise this thread was from Feb 2017 don't you ... I think the person posing the question might just have been and returned by now! :xgrin:
I'm unbelievable when it comes to replying to threads, I just respond to what I think are all current threads I never think to look at the dates, I shall have to take more notice, just that my computing skills are absolute rubbish.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
I'm unbelievable when it comes to replying to threads, I just respond to what I think are all current threads I never think to look at the dates, I shall have to take more notice, just that my computing skills are absolute rubbish.
Having said the above my response was also intended for the wider readership, whenever they're going.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Another vote for Citi de Europe PLEASE NOTE THE FULL ADDRESS IS :-

Cite' Europe. Boulevard de Kent. COQUELLES (motorhome parking opposite large Carrefour)

colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back