Heading to Cornwall - stopover reccomendations? (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Hello all.

Me, the MH, and the new lady in my life will be heading to cornwall for a few days soon, and I was looking for some recommended stopping-over places... preferably with some quiet locations, picturesque views, romantic sunsets :winky:

and if I could glimpse a basking shark that would be amazing.

We'll be heading from Basingstoke, so was thinking perhaps a Devon stopover about halfway, then carrying on to Cornwall. Current plan is setting off on a friday, home on the wednesday.

The only definites are that the final destination is Land's End; and we have a performance booked at the ampitheatre place on day 4. Other than that, the route and sights are flexible.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thankyou!

Jamie.
:party2:

(hope this weather holds for us :Cool:)

Gray B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2012
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Topaz
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jamie.
We're in Cornwall at the moment.

When you get to lands end (we didnt bother with it) just round the corner is Cape Cornwall- accessed by going through St Just.
We would thoroughly recommend the NT car park there, free after 5pm or £2.50 all day. There's toilets as well.
Amazing views and cliff top walks.

Cheers for now Gray & Steph

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Hi Jamie.
We're in Cornwall at the moment.

When you get to lands end (we didnt bother with it) just round the corner is Cape Cornwall- accessed by going through St Just.
We would thoroughly recommend the NT car park there, free after 5pm or £2.50 all day. There's toilets as well.
Amazing views and cliff top walks.

Cheers for now Gray & Steph
Sounds like a good spot but not enough detail to find it on google maps. Could you add a little more please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Cape Cornwall

We are also in Cornwall at the C&CC club site at Sennen Cove, 27 deg!!, been to Cape Cornwall today, parkrd in NT carpark, (members), had an ice cream and did the walks around the tower, saw seals and plenty of birds, but no Basking sharks, although they were seen at Cagwith earlier in the day.
Beautiful place, highly recommended.:thumb:

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
That does look lovely. :thumb: