Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
evening Matt

Just catching up with your travels, lucky result with the near off road bit, that road was the one that Bev ended up nearly in tears by the end and not at all keen to drive back out and we did it in sunshine o_O

Where did you stop in the end? Presuming you got down to Husinish beach, or did you bail out?

Glad you got to see the golden eagle, a special moment, we parked up at the very end of that road on our travels last month, but missed the eagle :(

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
evening Matt

Just catching up with your travels, lucky result with the near off road bit, that road was the one that Bev ended up nearly in tears by the end and not at all keen to drive back out and we did it in sunshine o_O

Where did you stop in the end? Presuming you got down to Husinish beach, or did you bail out?

Glad you got to see the golden eagle, a special moment, we parked up at the very end of that road on our travels last month, but missed the eagle :(
well i was banned from going any further towards Husnish beach ,i was very lucky to get the MH out of the peat,the A&P jacks were a godsend and to make it all the more scarier ,my front wheel was on a culvert that did not look like it could take much more.I had to get kes drunk before she would sit in the seat for the return leg:whistle: ,i had allready driven the southern road on Harris the one that starts a Leverborough and ends at Tarbert,that was harder than the hushinsh road and a lot longer,it will be a while before Kes agrees to me driving down a narrow road like that again:D
The second visit to the beach north of Stornoway,rewarded me with one of the most fantastic sights i have ever seen in real life,the first eagle i saw was on the right hand side of the beach where the caves are,but, whilst i sat outside on our second visit ,over the cliff top to the left,an adult and a juvenile golden eagle pair came flying over ,to me it looked like the adult was teaching the youngster,it was an aerobatic display as they swooped and jinked to the side in a gentle manner,it was akin to a squadron leader teaching his young flight lieutenant new manouvers in a dog fight and it was pollished off with both of them locking their tallons for a quick head over tails tumble before they separated and flew off,it may have been a parent and its offspring:), i also saw a dipper in the burn and lots of goldfinches close to the toiler block.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back