Heading for the one dry bit of the U.K. (1 Viewer)

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Well I am all packed up, batteries charged and fridge loaded!

Looking at the forecast map it seems that the only dry place this weekend is the north west of Scotland so I am aiming that way.

A couple of hours and then hopefully I can escape all the rain.

Is anyone else risking it and heading off this weekend?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well, you don't have far to travel... :roflmto:

It was raining earlier today, more like a drizzle , but now a beautiful evening on the Suffolk Coast

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Looking at the forecast map it seems that the only dry place this weekend is the north west of Scotland so I am aiming that way.

We're at the western end of Dumfries & Galloway, just outside Gatehouse of Fleet, yesterday was a real scorcher, hubby got burnt in the garden cutting the grass:RollEyes:

However, the M74 end of D & G and several parts of Ayrshire got absolutely soaked, the roads around the M77 got flooded, as did Edinburgh. Sadly today we've had a bit of rain and it's quite windy, but we seem to have escaped the heavy, torrential rain that other parts of the country have had.:Cool:
Where is all this rain coming from?:whatthe:
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999

We're sitting in a campsite (charging everything up) in John O'Groats, theres not a cloud in sight, sun splitting the stones, we,ve had no rain since we got here, last Sunday and hardly any midges, theres a few but with Skin so Soft by Avon, no problems.
Come on up we're have a mini meet,:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We'd love to but things going on this week and we've given up on Rutland, Long Marston or wherever. I feel a failure but it's just a bad year. I can't face taking two doggies away in our van when we've just had our re-upholstered doings back today. Have a lovely time up there, it seems to be the driest place in the UK. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
There you are. so where can we go on Monday ish where there will be sunshine. Bearing in mind, I have a granddaughter, 7th birthday on Thursday, but, to be honest, she's not so worried nowadays, now she has her chummies (that's fine but puts you in your place). ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back