Free Member
May 2, 2017
ng20 0fp
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autostratus
Exp
Waiting for first trip.
Off on our first trip in our new (to us) moho and wondered whether anyone had any stopover suggestions for new starters. No narrow windy roads please until we have a few kilometres under our belts. We are starting off from Mansfield and heading west. Ideally somewhere where we oldies can cycle and stroll. No wild camping yet either as we don't know how reliable the old girl is. Thanks in advance.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Overnight in Conwy on car park behind castle in dedicated MH area a lovely town, Llandudno is within (energetic) cycling distance. Come back via the Marine drive around the Great Orme.

Dick

OP
OP
J

Jill Hogg

Free Member
May 2, 2017
ng20 0fp
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autostratus
Exp
Waiting for first trip.
I`ll have a look on the map. Thanks Dick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Shell island is a favourite of ours. Located on the coast just outside Harlech. Lovely beaches, great walks, cycle up to local village when the tides out. Pub, ice cream parlour and shop on site. No EHU but good showers. No fixed pitches so drive around to find the best spot.

https://www.shellisland.co.uk

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Overnight in Conwy on car park behind castle in dedicated MH area a lovely town, Llandudno is within (energetic) cycling distance. Come back via the Marine drive around the Great Orme.

Dick

Can you please confirm that overnight parking and sleeping is permitted in this car park as on my previous visits the signage says otherwise - unless I have the wrong car park in mind. Do you have GPS co-ords?

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007

Dick

Hi Dick,

Is that the Morfa Bach car park you refer to?

Thanks

Andy

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The Mawddach Cycle trail from Barmouth to Dolgellau is stunning and easy cycling. Lots of campsites on the trail. Just down the road from Shell Island.
There are lots of winding roads in North Wales but don`t let that put you off, beautiful scenery.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Can you please confirm that overnight parking and sleeping is permitted in this car park as on my previous visits the signage says otherwise - unless I have the wrong car park in mind. Do you have GPS co-ords?
Yep it is ambigious, one sign saying MH parking another in a different place saying no camping or sleeping can't remember which. But we have spent the night there twice, once in the company of a couple of german vans. Embolden by a chat with a couple of council workers sitting in their van there. I asked them if it was OK and they said yes. Mind you I did ask them in Welsh ;)

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back