Heading for Grenoble - site and stop advice?

Discussion in 'France' started by Hooflungdung, May 8, 2016.

1. Hooflungdung

Hooflungdung Funster

Our daughter is in the process of buying an apartment in Grenoble and looks like we have been roped in to helping decorate and build furniture / put up shelves etc. ( I'm sure I remember buying the MH to get away from stuff like that! ).

Anyway, we're going to make a 3 or 4 week trip of it and hopefully get up into the mountains for a week or 2 while we are there.

We're planning to spend around a week in Grenoble and will have use of the daughters car. If anyone knows of a site that is not too far away that we could use as a base and would be relatively secure to leave the camper during the day that would be helpful.

Also, any suggestions on route and stops/aires on the way would be helpful - we don't plan to be in a rush so happy to stopover at some interesting places on way there/back.

Thanks

2. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Nice aire at la balme de sillingy by a lake with a bar, some fishing.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

4. Hooflungdung

Hooflungdung Funster

Thanks for this link Brisey. - I've seen this site from the motorway from Geneva but couldn't find it on Google or Google maps - will definitely check it out as this seems close enough for daily commuting.

Three days till Chocks Away!