HDMI to TV (2 Viewers)

Deleted User
Anybody know how to get the HDMI connection to a TV to work, new lappy on Windows 8.1 not sending any signal to TV. Is there some settings I need to alter?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Go to Control panel, look for Display, then

Connect to external display.. it should detect the external display

that's on W7.. probably the same or similar on W8

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On our TVs you have to go to 'source' on the controls, or it maybe a square with an arrow in it scroll down to it and select, should work(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On some laptops there is a button / icon on the keyboard where you can toggle to external monitor. Maybe check if something similar for the HDMI.

Laptop.. :) so 2000's ;) :rofl::rofl:
(Just kidding)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry on reading your post again , you maybe past this:(

OP
OP

Deleted User
Go to Control panel, look for Display, then

Connect to external display.. it should detect the external display

that's on W7.. probably the same or similar on W8

Thanks, I have managed to find a screen in control panel with options to connect to a second screen so I will try that later.

Still coming to terms with W8 after 3 months, why do they have to hide everything:)

Another thing, not windows fault this time but when I bought the PC, which is HP, it came with some b****y skydrive thingy that I don't want but the default setting was to upload all my document and download files.As I was on 3 PAYG sim at the time I was not best pleased as my allowance kept disappearing until I found out and changed the setting. Thought that I had been hacked and somebody was stealing all my valuable information and music:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sorry on reading your post again , you maybe past this:(
Yes I had got that far but screen said 'no signal' so thought it must be something to do with computer settings. Thanks anyway:)

OP
OP

Deleted User
On some laptops there is a button / icon on the keyboard where you can toggle to external monitor. Maybe check if something similar for the HDMI.

Laptop.. :) so 2000's ;) :rofl::rofl:
(Just kidding)

Got a ASUS transformer as well so us dinosaurs do try to keep up..........no smartphone or 'whatsap' though.........yet!!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back