HD Freesat in my Calder Leisure Kountrylite 26RK (1 Viewer)

chaswb100

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Brentwood,Essex
Funster No
MH
5er
Exp
2 Years
Anybody interested in HD FreeSat in their 5er my be interested in this review I have posted on the RoadPro website.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT - EXCELLENT SERVICE
----------------------------------------------------
Needing a Twin LNB Satellite Unit to run a HD Freesat Recordable Box in my Calder Leisure Kountrylite 26RK 5th Wheeler I decided on the CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS" as a good compromise of cost,convenience of use & weight.

Having spoken to Brian of "Car-fi" on the RoadPro stand at a previous show I contacted him as he covers my area ( East Anglia),and ordered the CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS" to be supplied & fitted at the camp site where my Kountrylite was sited.
Brian arrived on site and did a first class job of fitting the unit in a professional & unhurried manner.We could not test the unit on installation as a large tree was where the Astra FreeSat signal was, but Brian did spend nearly 1 Hour trying!!!

When moved to a tree free line of sight location the CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS" delivers an excellent HD picture & full FreeSat HD Box function is available - ie Record two different channels at the same time while watching a previously recorded programme.Very easy to find correct Astra signal(if available - no large trees ect)if you follow the following procedure - but I found it very hard if you don't.

1.Connect FreeSat HD Box to a HOME Freesat/Sky setup & tune channels,set postcode ect.Leave box on an easy to recognise channel - ie BBC1.

2.Connect FreeSat HD Box to CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS" & TV Set.

3.Switch on FreeSat HD Box.Switch TV to FreeSat connected input & turn up volume.Picture will say "No or Poor Signal".DO NOT TUNE OR ALTER BOX.

4.Seek Required signal as per CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS" instructions for finding Astra signal.If using a connected Sat Finder tune for maximum signal strength on each acquired signal.When the correct signal is found & tuned, BBC1 Sound & Picture will appear.Switch Box to a weak RADIO channel & fine tune signal.

Obviously the above is only relevant to how I found the best way to use this Unit and does depend on being able to pre-tune the HD Box to the correct satellite first but I did find the correct satellite using this method in less than 3 minutes so I hope the above information is of some use.

In conclusion I strongly recommend the CAMOS TWIN LNB CRANK-UP "PLUS",& the First Class Installation of it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi chas,

perhaps you'de like to put this post in the reviews section of the site.

go to the home page,

left hand column under "resources" click "reviews"

that way it'll stay around a long time and not eventually go off the bottom of the page .

:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaswb100

chaswb100

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Brentwood,Essex
Funster No
MH
5er
Exp
2 Years
hi chas,

perhaps you'de like to put this post in the reviews section of the site.

go to the home page,

left hand column under "resources" click "reviews"

that way it'll stay around a long time and not eventually go off the bottom of the page .

:thumb:
Have done as suggested - Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back