LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi can I pick your brains/ thoughts on the above ?
I currently have a Panasonic-FZ5 which has a movie mode on it,but have never used it in that mode.
Yesterday I caught the last few mins of the gadget show on HD Camcorders under £200 and quite fancy buying one of them?may be :ROFLMAO:
Question is (I am happy with the FZ ) can you get stills shots from either camera whiles shooting in movie mode ? ie instead of trying to capture that smiling shot as a still can you shoot a few seconds / min movie and get still shot from that ? if you understand what I mean :Blush: If I understood it right the camcorder has a still camera function and was very good at movies,but againnot sure if you could catch a frame from the movie bit ?
terry
BTW HD was SANYO- VPC- XACTI -THI

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi terry

It is possible to capture single frames in an editor program I have done it when nothing else is available but personally have never been happy with the print quality. You are pushing the small pictures a lot but then it depends on what you are happy with. Unfortunately I used to work for Kodak on film processors so I expect a lot, from photographs, and tend to go for horses for courses. Often if using a Camcorder for still work they use a different format with a separate card to store the pictures on. Must admit never used HD may be better more definition.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed

This is what I am looking at,and if I am understanding right the pics it captures in movie mode are aprox 1100 x 800 pixels ????
I had a old digital camera that took some nice pics at 640 x 480 would the results be as good ? or am I missing something ? ( probably )
Just looked at the movie mode for my FZ5 and that only captures in a small 300 ish size so may not be any good for the stills bit
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi terry

Don't know the camera but does not sound to bad, as I say have not used HD still on the old system and can't see me changing yet awhile. It's always a problem when you worked for a co. like Kodac you were spoilt as you could get anything done cheaply, if you knew who to ask. I would think if you were happy with 640by480 then you should be OK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Hi Dave perhaps you can understand the techy bits on both and see if what I think is right-- ie the FZ5 only captures in smaller frame size compared to the Sanyo ?? Also can I just pick a frame from movie mode on the Sanyo, thanks
terrry
Will probably sell the FZ to offset the cost of the Sanyo as it will make the FZ5 redundant

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi terry

You will need an editor program to be able to get single frames out of the film, but do not know of a cheap or free program, but there probably is one, the one I use would be too pricey and complicated for that purpose alone. It is designed for film making. I got it from Amazon and is a Sony product. Best to look round the internet and see what's available, only make sure that it has single frame capture, and works with HD film some don't. An editor program is handy to make up a film but then you can start to get complicated if you are not careful and spend hours editing as I know to my cost, it only started as a simple hobby and grew, and the computer speed and memory needed did the same and still grows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
R

richardhomas

Deleted User
Have a look at the toshiba camileo S10 and the flippo - I have the Tosh and it is good

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back