Having trouble with autotrail controls. (1 Viewer)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, steve and nade very new to motorhoming in fact this is the first one we have owned, please help us get our van warm and toasty for winter weekends away, first question if we are hooked up to 230v can we expect any heat or do we need to use gas, ours is a 1999 Mohican, some pics of switches we are unsure of.
DSCF8096.JPG

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
better not put any more on for now, hope someone can help.:confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Should have a control panel over the door with the heating dials etc. our Cheyene had two circular dials at side of it from memory a central temp dial with the power setting dial around it.

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You should have an electric heater, possible with 3 settings for 500w, 1000w and 2000w plus the gas fire.
The fire will also have a blower to move the warm air around the van, the blower works off 12v and your leisure battery.

Autotrail often have mains switches in fact places like the one in your picture, that may be for the electric water heater.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Make sure that the hot water boiler has water in it before you start turning any power switches or it could end up being a very expensive learning curve. You should be able to contact Auto-Trail for an owners manual for the model you own quoting the build number which is located under the bonnet.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Make sure that the hot water boiler has water in it before you start turning any power switches or it could end up being a very expensive learning curve. You should be able to contact Auto-Trail for an owners manual for the model you own quoting the build number which is located under the bonnet.
we got shown this when we picked it up, how do we make sure the boiler has water in it?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we got shown this when we picked it up, how do we make sure the boiler has water in it?
fill the tank, then turn on the hot tap until all the air comes out and you get a steady stream of water.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Make sure there is water in the tank then turn the hot tap on until water comes out of the tap
Like wot he said

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
. You should be able to contact Auto-Trail for an owners manual for the model you own quoting the build number which is located under the bonnet.

Build number sometimes fitted near habitation door instead, so check there also..

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Fill the onboard water tank, then turn on the water taps in turn, kitchen sink, bathroom sink then shower, this pumps water through the system and removes any air locks. Turn off when steady flow of water and no spluttering. When water comes out the hot tap at a steady flow, the hot water boiler tank is full. You can then turn on the switch you sent picture of and that should put power to the boiler. (y)

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
You can download manuals from Autotrail's website if yours did not come with one. It's pretty straight forward when you know and done it for yourself a couple of times. I remember what handover is like- if you are anything like me then I'm nodding in all the right places, hoping I've committed it to memory ,but I'm so excited everything that I was told or shown seemed to disappear quicker than a glass of Pinot Grigio!!! Happy motorhoming! :)

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
(n)Thanks for all your replies very much appreciated! just been out and turned hot tap on water flowing as fresh water tank was full when we picked it up , turned on the carver heater and pump, just kept lighting up a red light next to pic of flame. 15 mins later I realised I didn't turn the gas on. what are we like. we have so much to remember.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
(n)Thanks for all your replies very much appreciated! just been out and turned hot tap on water flowing as fresh water tank was full when we picked it up , turned on the carver heater and pump, just kept lighting up a red light next to pic of flame. 15 mins later I realised I didn't turn the gas on. what are we like. we have so much to remember.
sorry meant to be(y)(y)(y)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
If you use your heater on gas, make sure you remove the outside balanced flu cover, or the back pressure will (a) Blow the cover off.
(b) Fail to light.

Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back