Having trouble with autotrail controls.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by pigginchilli, Sep 23, 2015.

1. pigginchilli

pigginchilli Read Only Funster

Hi, steve and nade very new to motorhoming in fact this is the first one we have owned, please help us get our van warm and toasty for winter weekends away, first question if we are hooked up to 230v can we expect any heat or do we need to use gas, ours is a 1999 Mohican, some pics of switches we are unsure of. DSCF8096.JPG

2. pigginchilli

That's not the right picture, this switch is located below the lounge seat. DSCF8103.JPG

3. pigginchilli

better not put any more on for now, hope someone can help.:confused:

4. Speve

Speve Funster

Should have a control panel over the door with the heating dials etc. our Cheyene had two circular dials at side of it from memory a central temp dial with the power setting dial around it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. pigginchilli

Hi, the main control panel is situated above the kitchen worktop, better take a pic and post,

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

You should have an electric heater, possible with 3 settings for 500w, 1000w and 2000w plus the gas fire.
    The fire will also have a blower to move the warm air around the van, the blower works off 12v and your leisure battery.

Autotrail often have mains switches in fact places like the one in your picture, that may be for the electric water heater.

7. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

Make sure that the hot water boiler has water in it before you start turning any power switches or it could end up being a very expensive learning curve. You should be able to contact Auto-Trail for an owners manual for the model you own quoting the build number which is located under the bonnet.

8. pigginchilli

we got shown this when we picked it up, how do we make sure the boiler has water in it?

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

fill the tank, then turn on the hot tap until all the air comes out and you get a steady stream of water.

10. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Make sure there is water in the tank then turn the hot tap on until water comes out of the tap
    Like wot he said

11. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Build number sometimes fitted near habitation door instead, so check there also..

12. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Fill the onboard water tank, then turn on the water taps in turn, kitchen sink, bathroom sink then shower, this pumps water through the system and removes any air locks. Turn off when steady flow of water and no spluttering. When water comes out the hot tap at a steady flow, the hot water boiler tank is full. You can then turn on the switch you sent picture of and that should put power to the boiler. (y)

13. Bridget

Bridget Funster

You can download manuals from Autotrail's website if yours did not come with one. It's pretty straight forward when you know and done it for yourself a couple of times. I remember what handover is like- if you are anything like me then I'm nodding in all the right places, hoping I've committed it to memory ,but I'm so excited everything that I was told or shown seemed to disappear quicker than a glass of Pinot Grigio!!! Happy motorhoming! :)

14. pigginchilli

(n)Thanks for all your replies very much appreciated! just been out and turned hot tap on water flowing as fresh water tank was full when we picked it up , turned on the carver heater and pump, just kept lighting up a red light next to pic of flame. 15 mins later I realised I didn't turn the gas on. what are we like. we have so much to remember.

15. pigginchilli

sorry meant to be(y)(y)(y)

16. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

If you use your heater on gas, make sure you remove the outside balanced flu cover, or the back pressure will (a) Blow the cover off.
    (b) Fail to light.

Mitch.