having problems

Discussion in 'Website Help' started by ralph-dot, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I still can not use the site properly (it doesn't work) and its over a month now, what is wrong?
    I can see it is working ok for most, is anyone other than me having problems (probably will on get an answer to this bit if they are)?
    This is all I get most of the time, ("The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.") or just redirected back to the home page on mater what I click on.

Ralph

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I am fine Ralph, must be a problem your end.:Doh:

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Fine here too Ralph
    Apart from someones been playing with the front page and it no longer shows who has posted what, very anoying:Angry:

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Not having any problem here Ralph, I am using Firefox.
    Have noticed that the front page is not as it was, as stated byGeo

5. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

Ralph, you could try Firefox if you haven't already done so. It is much quicker than IE and much less troublesome. It's free.

Phil

6. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Front page back again,
    Jim are you twiddling with Bryans Knob:Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Front page is now back to normal.:BigGrin:
    Many thanks to whoever sorted it :thumb::thumb:

8. robrobc

robrobc Read Only Funster

I am fine here but I agree 100% with the front page issue.

9. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Sorry to hear you're still having problems Ralph.:Sad:

I haven't had any problems but like some of the others who've posted I'm using Firefox. Give it a try - it's very user friendly!:Laughing:

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Ralph, have you cleared all the motorhomefun cookies from your browser? Doing this can sometimes help when you have a problem with a site.

11. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I have tried Internet Explorer and Firefox both with the same result and you have no idea how long it takes or how many attempts it took just to post this.

12. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Guys & Jim

Just spoke to camcondor and she asked me to let yoi know that she is still having problems. She has used different PC's different Browsers, different ISP's and even tried to access it via her phone, but nithing works and she gets messages " Server busy"

Any thoughts?

ShiftZZ

13. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Echo Ralph Dots problem exactly - its taken hours to be able to post this message - I've tried a variety of computers, browsers, internet connections and even a google phone (G1 from T-Mobile) and the broadband dongle all with the same problem - site takes forever to load (if it does), then announces that the server is "busy" , try again.

I have absolutely no problems with any other site I access, either at home, work or via my phone.

I am using Opera at the moment, which connected ok - Firefox will log me in, so I look as if I'm online, but I cannot post a message or even open a thread to read it. IE is equally problematic. Have used the following OS es: Mac OS10.5, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 2000 Server. Cleared caches to no avail.

Very puzzling. I guess people having the problem are not able to get through to tell anyone - as for newbies or visitors, they will quickly move on if a site takes ages to load or there is an error.

There is definitely a bug / glitch somewhere and unless every single one of the pcs, laptops and mobile internet devices I have used with all the different OSes, browsers etc, all have exactly the same problem (improbable) there must be a bug somewhere in the actual forum software.

Anyone who wants to contact me if I appear to have vanished, please email until the glitchy forum access is resolved.

Cynically, I wonder if some of the anti-4x4 lobbyists have jinxed my access :Cool:

14. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

sounds like a server problem

15. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

Very strange:Confused:

Like most others, I have no problem with the forum (using different machines, OS, ISP and browsers (even on my iPod).

Just a thought / suggestion - could someone who is having problems try creating a new user account, there might be something in the account settings :Wacko:

16. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I have merged both camcondor and ralphdot to new accounts, they will need to obtain new passwords to log into those accounts, we'll see how they go.

17. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Got the email link Jim, but password would not reset - however, all seems to be well at the moment after I tried resetting password.

Will keep you posted - wonder how Ralph-Dot is getting on :Eeek: Really odd set of problems!!

Laurie

18. reader

reader Deleted User

There seems to have been a browser problem about and it seems to be on windows pc's
    This pc started on a go slow on Firefox and Opera. I put Chrome on and that was the same. The PC was running ok on all other functions. Deleted Opera and Firefox, junk clean and reg clean and put Firefox back on this time 3.0.5 Not the Latest 3.0.6 and all seems well including the other two browsers (dont ask me how they were affected !!)

The other windows pc has gone through the same today and when I checked it had just updated to FF 3.0.6 did a repeat of what I did on here and bingo back to normal.

The laptop has not been affected, as its using Ubuntu with an older version of Firefox.

Went onto a few of the Mozilla Forums and there are quite a few people moaning about this issue.

I am not suggesting this is every bodies problem but you could check

19. Chudders

Chudders Read Only Funster

The website is very slow to access and to load pages/topics etc. Sometimes have to come out and start again as it seems to time out. I have no problem with any other website so supect a server problem. So frustrating on what is otherwise a brilliant and useful website.
    Regards, Dave

20. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User