Haven prices ????????

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by xjrchris, May 3, 2014.

1. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

We are booked to go with Haven to Littlesea Weymouth from Friday 16th may for one week ,we paid £70 for 7 nights with elec hook up in Jan which was 1/2 price, I phoned them to ask if we could book the Friday and sat night and was told that it would be £185 for the 2 night ???????????????? where I the hell did they get that price from ?????
    I understand that its bank holiday week end but that way over the top for 2 nights.
    we checked other sites around Weymouth and got 2 nights at west bay holiday village for £65,
    If Haven had been that price we would have stayed with them, so sometimes over pricing does not work.

2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Now I remember why I like wild camping so much:Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. keith

keith Funster

And me wizzer, is it a Southern thing these ridiculous prices? :Eeek:

As many of you know we live on a site and their prices are the same all year £18 per night for all services including electric hookup and very posh toilets. Stay 7 nights and pay for 6 so that is £108 for the WEEK. :thumb:

I know we don't expect to pay as much as in the South but they are taking the **$$.

Where do they get their prices from?
    :Angry:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  4. CazPaul

CazPaul Read Only Funster

Yes, enquired last summer at Haggerston castle for the weekend in the summer, we were going to take niece and nephew, 2 nights(fri and sat) was £240, bleeding hell, we are used to paying nowt on Stellplatze that's the problem:Laughing:

That's the irony, they do some great deals at Haggerston too out of season.

Paul.

5. lindylou

lindylou Funster

We went to Haven Weymouth because our daughter and family were staying in a chalet there for a week. Cost us over £500. For a pice of grass ! Never again :cry:

Lin

6. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Hi, we only use haven when they have offers on. Last year after Lincoln they had sites up the east coast at £5 and £7 a night inc electric which we made use of. :Smile:

7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

For a night or two we often use Premier Inn/Travelodge as they are often much cheaper than UK campsites, and the car uses (slightly) less diesel than the MH.

8. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

After the one and only time we stayed ( overnight:Eeek: ) at a Haven on the Yorkshire East Coast , they'd have to pay us to stay there again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Haven always extortionately increase their prices over bank holidays and school holidays.

Then when families take their kids, all the extra charges can mount up too.

Haven are just about okay outside school holidays so keep a close eye on their site as you can get some good bargains

10. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

They are not alone, Holgates at Silverdale want £201 for 6 nights next week & its not even school holidays.
    Sorry but if you keep paying silly prices the will keep letting you, my max is £15 .