Have you used this......

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Larrynwin, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

It worked for me but it is a bit costly for a bit o self adhesive plastic
    when fitting to an 8m MH

3. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

How did you use that on your RV LarryHarryTypeChappy, it's white ? I know it would suit your new crepes, nibbles and lightly chilled van, but did it not stick out a bit on the RV ? Certainly it would not suit the full body paint of my beautiful :inlove: Winnebago :inlove:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Hiya sooperdooper,

I bought the US version from Steve and Dee and being white it blended well, it was on the Hurricane I had which had a fair amount of white , I put it along just below roof line curve , worked a treat.
    Didnt need it on my last RV which also had a beeeutiful full paint finish, never a streak in sight , only a flash of light when we headed off at great speed to the purr of the all powerful V10 Triton :clap2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Yes expensive but to be rid of the dreaded black streak, well worth it (y)

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Garry , hows ya doin mate ? (y)

7. SuperMike

Indeed, I guess the purr helped to block out the noise of the popping spark plugs. :devil:

Kid yourself all you like, but whatever sound you got, paled into nothing compared with the orgasmic gurgle of a V8 Vortec. :Grin:

8. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Ah orgasmic, once a week on its back ? :rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperMike

PS, Still have not got my license back. Spoke to them on Friday and the lady said they had a 8 to 12 week backlog, but would send me a letter saying it was ok for me to drive ????? Whatever, it all seems weird. The year before last, it took 27 days and last year only 8 days. This year so far it has been 34 days. Based on their numbers, I should get it back sometime in May. It would be all the same if we had planned to go abroad this year, can you imagine waving that letter under Constable Spanish Plods nose. :happy: Will have to sort something next year, because we are planning to be in Portugal for my birthday. How far in advance can you apply VeryKnowledgeableChappy ?

10. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Up to 90 days Mike, but no gaurantee they will open the application when first received.
    I think sect18 is the bit that allows driving while your licence is in their possession but that doesnt help if you need to hire a car or you are driving abroad.

Btw , will the chevy be ok with all those miles in Espana :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. mentaliss

mentaliss

Used it on three MH's easy fit when applied correctly (my version)
    make sure fitting surface is cleaned , always warm the strip with hot air gun or hot water..found it best for guiding roof rain water flow over front wind screen

• Like Like x 1
  12. sedge

sedge Funster

Well - with regard to licences restricted in terms of medical conditions, if it takes em so long to renew it though there is no reason mot to when they eventually get round to it, they reissue them from that date rather than when it expired. So mine is now renewable midsummer rather than about March. So, the new expiry date might actually do you a favour in future IYSWIM - or it may hamper you, just depending on exactly when you were planning on taking off for furrin parts in comparison to your birthdate?

13. SuperMike

Thank you, interesting, but no medical conditions, only age. As it is HGV, after 65, it has to be renewed each year.

There, that's nicely highjacked that LarryHarryTypeChappy's thread. :sneaky: :whistle: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SuperMike

Yes thank you done it twice already. I have no reason to believe that it will be any problem to such a beautifully engineered and serviced piece of machinery. Also remember, it is linked to an Allison transmission. So all in, quality kit. :clap2:

• Like Like x 1