Have you seen anything as bad (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Just be careful with the tap that's not working, they haven't left a pipe off that's gonna leak into your van every time you use a different tap ? Best of luck getting everything sorted mate.
I have checked under the sink, no sign off detached pipe, thinking it must be the micro switch as the pump working and tap in bathroom ok
Can't hear the pump activate when I turn tap on, any advise welcome
Thks

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Sure wont leak, what a mess as other posts take it back
I wouldn't mind, as it doesn't need sealing unless you can't wee straight (I know most men can't) but your aim would have to be a couple of feet off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
a bit rough but easy sorted
I know it's easy to sort but time consuming, and I nearly did do it, but on reflection I thought if I do this I might as well sort out all the problems which I know I could, however am sure in the future when warranty expired I will need to sort problems out so I decided to leave it to the so called experts this time, big mistake looking at what I can see

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
One thing I can't do is silicone but even mine isn't that bad. It will annoy you every time you see it. So if you can do the battle with them it would be worth it.
Good luck.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
This seems to be common practise ..... I had bits and pieces from several donor vans ... I too wondered what happened when THOSE vans needed new bits ... at some point they are going to run out of donors!!!!!!!

They keep taking bits off vans/cars/MoHo's till they find a buyer that doesn't complain, yes really!

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On a similar note of dissatisfaction. Our Transit went in for new heater plugs a week ago. 1 or 2 hours work they said! It's still there as it won't start at all now. Talking about injectors + removing the head! It was fine before except at 4am on really cold mornings.
Grrrr

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
On a similar note of dissatisfaction. Our Transit went in for new heater plugs a week ago. 1 or 2 hours work they said! It's still there as it won't start at all now. Talking about injectors + removing the head! It was fine before except at 4am on really cold mornings.
Grrrr
WHAT!!! Oh dear I do feel for you. You see all the heater plugs can't fail at once. In really cold weather I hold off starting our vehicles for a further ten seconds after the curly wire (heater plugs) goes out. The light goes out but I have been told by a diesel mechanic that the plugs keep heating so even if you lose one or two it should still start even if a bit lumpy at first.
Good luck with yours, sadly it sounds like you need it at the moment.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I must say on the sealant issue that I really like the idea of contacting the head honcho of the dealership and put him in the picture regarding the sh1te work done by his lads. He may well back them up in front of you but if he is any good he will give them a right bollocking when you have gone.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
They keep taking bits off vans/cars/MoHo's till they find a buyer that doesn't complain, yes really!

I can confirm that. When we purchased out MH last summer we had the usual demo of how to work things, then drove off. I was filling the MH with diesel about a mile from the dealership when I checked and found that there was no hook-up wire (they told us there was one in the locker). So I turned round and went back to the dealer. "Sorry about that, I'll get you one from another vehicle." Which he duly did and off we went again. Whoever purchased the 'donor' MH would either have to buy their own hook-up lead or, see below...

There was a 'new' salesman there who, when we were looking around another of the MHs which had a TV in it, told us that if we purchased that one he would get them to leave the TV in it. He explained that they usually removed any extras (TVs, bike racks etc.) and then if the prospective customer was unsure of of whether to buy or haggling over the price they would offer to fit a TV, bike rack (or whatever they had previously removed from the MH) for free! Of course they would not let on that these items had been in there originally!

Keith Hart

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Was worried about my DIY skills, feeling Much better now, def take back and have it redone to "factory".

Jeff Rich-Bate

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hollingworth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hey there, that's nothing compared with what they did to my brand new motorhome, they butchered a hole through the chassis with a hammer and chisel, to thread some wiring through when they fitted a solar panel for me, I was gutted, my heart sank. They wanted it back to repair it but how do you repair a hole lidone at Leeds Leisure or Codoba Leisure as they're also known

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
they could use sand and cement and mix it on floor inside your m/h if the shower tray was leaking and before they removed it they should mark existing position remove said tray put sealant about 25mm from the top then refit the tray and a small bead of flexable sealant on the top using water and washing up liquid for a tradesman finish ray lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back