Have you seen anything as bad (1 Viewer)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Had my van repaired at a local dealer with all the relevant accreditation, yet still manages to produce outstanding workmanship like the photo attached
Am I right in thinking this is very poor, or am I being a bit harsh, you thoughts will be interesting to read funsters
image.jpg
image.jpg

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Looks like a very poor job to me. Trouble is how much is the diesel to take it back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Looks like it was done by the apprentice.
On the plus side, there's plenty on so it shouldn't leak.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Total lack of interest in what they were doing. Get them to redo it and take your business elsewhere in future.:mad:

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Pretty much sums up what I thought, think he's eyes must be painted on
The thing is it a brand new van gone back in for some warranty work (shower tray) and it didn't have any silicon there before it went in only a small rubber seal against the bathroom wall
Looks like the guy found a tube somewhere and thought, I know where that will look lovely around the toilet and decided to use the whole tube (didn't want to waste any)
To me it looks like a crime scene in more ways than one given all the finger marks in it

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Poor finish not done correctly. Yes its sealed but it has to look cosmetically right as well.
Or put another way if you paint and leave lots of drips it still does the job but looks like poop:mad:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
It appears to be a cheap job rather than doing it properly. As you say it had a rubber seal before you took it back so it should have one now particularly as its a new van. Contact them and demand they re-do the repair properly. I would also insist that they pay any expenses that I incur returning it

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
piss poor job in my opinion.....makes me wonder what they are trying to hide/cover up

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
What I'd also be wondering is if it just had a rubber seal there before, what have they found that required them to seal it using their toes. Have they discovered a bad leak?
In my experience any 'extras' or unexpected work is not usually carried out voluntarily. I have usually had to bring something to their attention and do battle to sort under warranty. More often than not, its usually the opposite and half the stuff on the snagging list has not been attended to.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
piss poor job in my opinion.....makes me wonder what they are trying to hide/cover up
Sorry TheBig1, i was writing same time as you obviously, but yes, you are thinking same as me.

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Exactly what I was thinking, probably broke the toilet casing when taking it out, not sure a 3 foot wide silicone joint good way of hiding it thou

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
An old bricklayer I was apprenticed to - used to have a couple of sayings ...

"It'll look great from our house" ....

or

"It's not like it's a job in town"...

Either would fit :)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
very poor job, If i was looking at your van to buy it would make me think twice....

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
yes, it is very poor.. I would have rejected the job and questioned why they had used so much sealer.. and why they had used a monkey to apply it..

did you not inspect before leaving the dealer ?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All it requires is a roll of masking tape and a wet finger ;)They either lost/damaged the original rubber seal or could not be bothered to re fit it (it is a pain to keep in place)Take it back at there expense or DIY and don't use them again
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back