Have I lost something (1 Viewer)

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Only had it a few weeks ,out at the weekend ,iam pretty sure there was two vents, i removed when arrived and left now only one when home or am i mistaken.
oddjob

Attachments

• P300310_19.14.JPG
    P300310_19.14.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 84

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It looks like the top vent has a winter cover on. If the bottom vent had one I suggest it has dropped off whilst travelling.

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
If that's the case and i think you are correct is it really necessary ,and if it is where do i get one from??
oddjob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Most Caravan/Motorhome Dealers either have them or can get them, they are reasonably expensive I think - e bay? When fridge is in use they should be fitted when outside temperature falls below 0* can be used up to 10* above this should be removed. Keep on when Fridge is not in use. Many vans never have them fitted, not aware of any problems directly associated with not fitting. Details in Fridge Instruction Book.

Deleted User
I agree with Warwick, most caravan dealers have them in stock, however I'm pretty sure that when we enquired about a replacement we were told that a pair would cost around £30 and they weren't available in "singles"

We managed to get a second hand one, the only problem you will find without one fitted, is that you may get draughts in the van on cold windy nights (depending where the vent is located inside the van)

We put ours on if using the van in winter, then take them off Spring onwards

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with Warwick, most caravan dealers have them in stock, however I'm pretty sure that when we enquired about a replacement we were told that a pair would cost around £30 and they weren't available in "singles"

We managed to get a second hand one, the only problem you will find without one fitted, is that you may get draughts in the van on cold windy nights (depending where the vent is located inside the van)

We put ours on if using the van in winter, then take them off Spring onwards

if you get drafts in the van from the fridge vents then the fridge is incorrectly fitted.

Deleted User
if you get drafts in the van from the fridge vents then the fridge is incorrectly fitted.

Thats why I put "depending where the vent is located inside the van" ::bigsmile:

We have several vents, for fridge, oven etc.

If you leave the oven one off in the winter it blows a hooligan, :Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
If that's the case and i think you are correct is it really necessary ,and if it is where do i get one from??
oddjob

I have a spare pair of winter vent covers if you want them - are you going to any of the meets or shows ? :Smile:

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
I have a spare pair of winter vent covers if you want them - are you going to any of the meets or shows ? :Smile:

Very kind of you to offer ,unfortunately not at this time still finding my way around the motorhome ,but I'm sure we will at some point ,hope by then it will be sorted
If you are thinking of a trip to Cleveleys let me know,Cleveleys lower prom great for wild-camping.
oddjob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back