Have I lost something

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by oddjob, Mar 30, 2010.

1. oddjob

oddjob Read Only Funster

Only had it a few weeks ,out at the weekend ,iam pretty sure there was two vents, i removed when arrived and left now only one when home or am i mistaken.
    oddjob

Attached Files:

2. lunarman

lunarman Funster

It looks like the top vent has a winter cover on. If the bottom vent had one I suggest it has dropped off whilst travelling.

3. oddjob

oddjob Read Only Funster

If that's the case and i think you are correct is it really necessary ,and if it is where do i get one from??
    oddjob

4. warwick

warwick Read Only Funster

Most Caravan/Motorhome Dealers either have them or can get them, they are reasonably expensive I think - e bay? When fridge is in use they should be fitted when outside temperature falls below 0* can be used up to 10* above this should be removed. Keep on when Fridge is not in use. Many vans never have them fitted, not aware of any problems directly associated with not fitting. Details in Fridge Instruction Book.

5. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

I agree with Warwick, most caravan dealers have them in stock, however I'm pretty sure that when we enquired about a replacement we were told that a pair would cost around £30 and they weren't available in "singles"

We managed to get a second hand one, the only problem you will find without one fitted, is that you may get draughts in the van on cold windy nights (depending where the vent is located inside the van)

We put ours on if using the van in winter, then take them off Spring onwards

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if you get drafts in the van from the fridge vents then the fridge is incorrectly fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

Thats why I put "depending where the vent is located inside the van" :BigGrin:

We have several vents, for fridge, oven etc.

If you leave the oven one off in the winter it blows a hooligan, :Smile:

8. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

I have a spare pair of winter vent covers if you want them - are you going to any of the meets or shows ? :Smile:

9. oddjob

oddjob Read Only Funster

Very kind of you to offer ,unfortunately not at this time still finding my way around the motorhome ,but I'm sure we will at some point ,hope by then it will be sorted
    If you are thinking of a trip to Cleveleys let me know,Cleveleys lower prom great for wild-camping.
    oddjob