Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
None
Hello, I just joined yesterday and I must have spent most of the last 24 hours rolling around in this wonderful website. Everyone seems so friendly and knowledgeable and you all seem to know each other, a bit like a cult really, and that's no bad thing in my book. The thing I like about a new hobby (or cult) is learning the lingo and I'm having a great time finding out about; an A-class, a French bed, a cassette toilet. And importantly what is a good one, and why someone thinks so. I don't have a motorhome, yet. I don't really have anything that I could responsibly call a plan to get one. But I do have a dream to get one and that will have to do for me at the moment. You probably won't get much out of me posting wise, I'm just gathering knowledge at present. (that sounds a bit adult and maybe a bit Zen like, neither of which is usual for me, sorry). Anyway, if my, I really should say our, dream looks like firming up, I'm sure you will hear more from me. So, fellow cult members, what does the initiation ceremony involve?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
So, fellow cult members, what does the initiation ceremony involve?
Sorry, can't tell you - it's a secret, however, if you hire a van and come on a rally I can guarantee you'll never look back (or be the same again). (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome - would say we are more of a family than a cult! :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
To maintain your belief everyone is friendly here avoid looking in the darker corners for threads about Brexit! :) But joking aside some folk on here do their motorhoming on quite limited budgets and have a whale of time. However, it does help enormously to have some practical mechanical skills - if you need to get a garage to look at the vehicle every time it throws a shoe the bills might ramp up. Converting your own van is certainly one way to get started - a camping gaz stove, mattress, sleeping bag and a bucket for a toilet are the bare essentials. Anything more is a luxury. :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:HelloThere:
from us in East Sussex and
:welcomesign: I hope your dreams come true and we see you at a meet soon (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Welcome.....

Whatever you do, don't go to a rally as they are likely to make you dress up and have too much drink and photograph you making a fooool of your self and post the pictures on here.....:Eeek:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-8-4_12-33-39.png

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So, fellow cult members, what does the initiation ceremony involve?

There are two ceremonies worthy of mention.

1. The online version which usually involves Friendly welcome from the majority who are on the whole a friendly bunch, with a little bit of leg pulling from others and sometimes an abrupt comment or two from the usual suspects probing to see how far they can push you before you are biting at their bait.

2. The first meet you attend when someone will almost certainly attempt to involve you in some activity or other like a group cycle ride to the nearest town / Pub / village shop / Pub / museum / Pub.
There also follows a group sing-song where several Funsters will take the lead or microphone and you will be expected to sing along / clap your hands / without spilling your drink at any time.

At no time will Boot Black and Genitalia come into any ceremony so nothing to worry about there.

Anyway, Welcome @donhomer........... Griff

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome.

Like all cults we have our mantras and customs...

"Going to Portugal... Take Fray Bentos Pies."

(No chicken or kidney)

JJ :cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Homer, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
:pink: We hovered for some months before we were able to buy, so know where you are coming from. Hope your dreams come true PDQ (y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN but beware this site can be one very additive. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry ...I refuse to welcome you until you roll your trouser leg up and put a paper bag over your head. ;)

Hello.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I can never remember, is it the left or right breast that has to uncovered?

And of course there is the special Pope's chair to check that there are dangly bits.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. Hope the nutters on this site haven't scared you off. I'm not mad, I'm a bus ... beep, beep.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:HelloThere: & :pink: This is a wonderful site & help is always on hand. You'll soon get to know some of the comedians on here, me included lol. You can post non motorhome subjects on here too, we're only human & we can talk about more than motorhoming.
Keep reading & enjoy.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:hi5:Ha! another one caught forever more in Young Jims Web

For the Antidote send me all your bank details to my Cook Islands account, and I will send you 1/2 of the few squillion my long lost uncle from Nigeria is going to send me soon.:hi5:

Oh almost forgot, Welcome !:party2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back