Have I got all my bits

Discussion in 'Dethleffs' started by Mike24150, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Mike24150

Mike24150 Funster

We've just taken delivery of a new Esprit T 7090, but last years model. A couple things that I'm curious about, the first being the bathroom at the rear has a window, but no blind or screen. I'm not wanting to give fellow travellers a shock, but I find it a bit strange that there is nothing there. Is it missing, or is it that Dethleffs don't think it's necessary? Secondly, I note that the switch operating the Thule step has a blank plate, which when removed, reveals two taped off wires. This is at the side of the 'stairwell'. Would anybody be able to tell me what was there? I'd like to have an idea, before I ask the dealer. Thanks

2. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

My rear bathroom on a 7014 has opaque plastic, no blind.
    Is the switch a double, one blanked off and one operating step. Could be prewired for awning light.
    Congratulations on buying a dethleffs, great van, try Dethleffs owners club, very help full contact

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Or, if it doesn't have one already, a step light.

4. Mike24150

Mike24150 Funster

Thanks for all the quick replies, is nobody working or are we all the silver haired brigade. The awning light makes sense, I think, because they put an awning on, and rather than move the light below it, it was easier to dispense with the light and blank off the switch. So now I've just realised I've no awning light. How irritating. Thanks again

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Why wouldn't they move the awning light as part and parcel of the awning fitting?

6. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Blond haired no grey but well retired

7. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we had a Pilote with an opaque toilet window and no blind that Bev hated, she put a piece of cardboard in window every night we were away and we ended up leaving it in all the time as we also had a skylight

8. Mike24150

Mike24150 Funster

Problem of the switch solved. It's one switch of a two way, which switches a pair of spotlights above the opening. The dealer quickly sent me the replacement switch . However, he couldn't understand how the original was removed (4 screws), the three wires taped up, and a blanking disk put in. But hey don't take bits off new MHs. Curious, and thanks for all the responses. As for the rear window, without the blind, it could be the card,Bev. Now what logo.....?